“great steak but not sure if worth it ????”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
RALEIGH, NC
“great steak but not sure if worth it ????”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I returned to Del Frisco's for the first time since 2012. My wife totally enjoyed her steak in 2012 she wanted to return, even though it's a 3 hour drive from home. My wife ordered the porterhouse and she was not disappointed, she gave it rave reviews. I'm not a steak person and usually look for something being offered as a seafood special of the day. Being offered was shrimp tempura. The shrimp dish was okay but offered nothing special to the plate. I would not reorder it again. The staff was outstanding. However we did hit a bump in the road when my bar drink was delivered and it was made entirely wrong. I was told they didn't have the proper ingredients so the bar tender used something he thought would be "close". unfortunately it wasn't. I was surprised that a first class steak house didn't have all the ingredients BUT I was even more surprised they would bring me a drink that they knew was wrong. It would have been easier to just ask it I wanted something different. (note: the liquer they didn't have is clear, the substitute they tried was greeen) Again, the staff was great and extremely apologetic about the drink mishap. I am sure we'll return the next time in Charlotte but I'm sure we won't drive the 3 hours just for this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Good steak”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I enjoyed my steak here - it was cooked exactly to order but the steaks are better in Australia… Service was good (as it should be when you're tipping). The oysters were OK - the calamari (or squid) was topped with a very strange sauce which made it soggy and sweet which I didn't enjoy. The bread was really good though.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LeenieTravelling
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“One of the Best Steakhouses!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had not been to a Del Frisco's restaurant until recently in Charlotte. We had a great server, Megan, and wine sommelier, Jeffrey. The ambiance, service, food and wine were all very impressive. It has been a long time since we have been as surprised by how good a restaurant is. We order the Lobster Mac and Cheese, Potatoes au Gratin and shared a 22oz. Double Eagle Striploin... Delicious! If you are a steak fan and have little money to burn, go to Del Frisco's... You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2014
western va
“Expensive and overrated”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went to Del Frisco's for dinner during "Restaurant Week" with reservations
for 5:30P.M. The two of us were seated after a 15 minute wait at a large comfortable table that could seat up to 6.
This is a steak place and the menu reflects this. Husband ordered a rib eye accompanied
by mashed potatoes. He enjoyed his steak, which was perfectly cooked and very tender. My crabcake, however, was uncooked and bland. My Del's salad was small, with mixed lettuce and two bacon strips on top. The macaroni and cheese with lobster had four small pieces of lobster and was highly seasoned. Not what we had expected.
Service was friendly and excellent, given the large crowd. Restaurant seemed geared to business lunches and twenty-somethings .

• Visited July 2014
Staten Island, New York
“Excellent Food and Impeccable Service”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was relaxing and the service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. The wait for our table was 30 minutes and we sat at the bar and had a drink, the bar tender was friendly and made drink suggestions with different items on the menu to pass the time. He read us perfectly. The table service was outstanding and everyone in our party of eight was completely blown away with the excellent food.