“Best steak of my life”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,438 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a steak house with perfectly cooked steaks. I am not a steak person, but I loved this food!!!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Del Frisco's in Charlotte completely blew my socks off!!! I took my husband here for a surprise birthday dinner. The reviews all appeared to be great and it was very close to our hotel (Renaissance South Park which was also amazing!!!!), so I booked it. The lady that took my reservation over the phone came over to our table the night of our dinner to introduce herself. What a nice touch! My husband was given a birthday card signed from several staff members. He got to choose any dessert off the menu that was complimentary for his bday!!!!
Now, on to the food. It was a special occasion for goodness sakes', so we splurged!! For the appetizer, we chose the crabcake and it was amazing! Only one cake, though, to share. Wish we had more!!! And I believe it was around 20 bucks for the one serving. I ordered a ceasar salad and it was the best I've ever had. My hubby tried the seafood soup and it was really good but next time we may skip the soup. For the entree, I ordered the shrimp scampi with linguine. It was exquisite!!! Even the noodles were cooked perfectly! I could not stop eating it!!! My husband got a ribeye and loved every bite. He is finicky about meat being too rare so he chose Medium and it was perfect for anyone afraid of too much red! Sides are family style; meaning they bring one huge serving for the whole table to share. He chose asparagus to go with his steak and it was not to his liking. The asparagus stalks were HUGE and very crunchy. We prefer ours a little more tender. Our waiter was fabulous and allowed us to trade out for a different side, which was homemade chips. They were delish...we were just too full to eat them all! There are several kinds of potatoes listed on the menu; make sure you ask what exactly they are b/c they have different names like "Chateau potatoes" and "Skillet potatoes". Then...there was ....dessert! My husband chose the lemon-layer cake and it...was...devine. Light, airy, creamy, lemony goodness. We were beyond stuffed but seemed to eat almost the entire (huge) piece of cake.
Our bill totaled out around 150 which is a big time splurge for us. I would recommend this place to anyone for a special occasion!!! And they do sell gift cards so if you have gracious famiy members wanting gift ideas, this would be a great suggestion!!!! We drove to Charlotte from out of town so unfortunately do not spend much time there, but if we do go back for another special occasion, no doubt we will be going to Del Frisco's again!!!! Oh! One more thing, dress is "business casual" but we saw people in anything from jeans and nice sweaters to full suits and gowns. NO pressure to get too fancy but you absolutely could if you want!!!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is by far the best eat in Charlotte! The ambiance is top notch and the staff is amazing. Truly worth a visit, especially during queens feast each year.... Get the upgrade to the Prime Ribeye and you will be in a meat coma the rest of the night!

1  Thank H8470ANmarkw
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went together and sat at the bar for some drinks and appetizers.

this was our third time here and we always enjoy the bar atmosphere the most. we like that we can get quick service when we sit there and drinks are always on the flow. the food there is amazing especially try the cheese steak rolls, and the calamari.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have extremely high expectations of restaurants like Del Frisco's (high-end steak house). It lived up to those expectations (excellent service, good wine list, perfectly prepared meals that have your taste buds watering, etc. Del Frisco's exceeded my expectations in how well it handled group dining. I was there near Christmas time and was amazed at the number of large (8 or more people) business groups it was able to comfortably seat in the main dining room without appearing to be anything other than ":a typical night". Great job at keeping up service, timeliness of food and quality on the dishes.

Been to Del Frisco's Double Eagle? Share your experiences!