“Really good steaks here”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are in the mood for a nice steak then this would be the place for you. Don't let the price scare you away by other reviews saying the place is overpriced. As far as a steak goes, you actually get what you pay for here. The portions are large enough for the money you pay. I'm a big guy and even I don't always finish mine. In fact, I'm having the remainder of my ribeye this evening. The appetizers are a bit pricey but if you are going to chose one, go for the calamari. Very good.

There are newer reviews for Del Frisco's Double Eagle

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I were here on the 13th on our way back home. I had a bone-in filet, which was excellent and a GREAT bottle of wine. My wife is a vegetarian and ordered the Spinach - the Spinach Supreme they have has bacon in it and they did not have any more spinach to make sauteed etc. So the manager Scott borrowed a case of spinach from the next door restaurant - in the middle of a VERY busy night. This was above the call of duty and very appreciated! My only suggestion is that perhaps they might keep some spinach on hand for future similar situations - our waiter told us someone else had the same request earlier that night.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I don't like to eat in mills unless they are creative conversion in an up and coming part of some town but being invited to come along to have dinner here I have endured exactly such experience.
Some in-town friends made a reservation for us for a Saturday night. When we were approaching the restaurant with our car we saw several small groups of patrons milling and waiting outside and earsplitting noise and staff desperately moving about greeted us inside. Large space conservatively but nicely decorated.

It so happened that they have lost our reservation placed a few days beforehand and they could not seat us until the next sitting until over an hour later.
Off the bar area we went for the next 80-90 minutes which is a very large almost rowdy sports bar at least using the noise level and the scene. My mixed drink cocktail was not remarkable and when I chided the person in the group who was about to do the driving later that he was having to many drinks he said don't worry they do not have too much alcohol in it.

During the time we were seated and waiting for the fist course one of the owners arrived and expressed concern for what happened but he did not say he was sorry but worded it in such a way that that kind of thing was not good for his business. IE too bad that we inconvenienced you, that sort of thing is not good for me. How narcissistic!

The staff was nice if hurried including the people who tried to figure out the reservation mishap.
As we ordered and our meal arrived the food quite good, some of it excellent (seared tuna) and the portions were generous, in fact so generous that I was wondering how the person at the next table going to negotiate the towering desert item that was served for them when my hosts said don't bother, no one finishes that.
Sure enough when we were leaving some twenty minutes later the patron at the next table did not yet make a dent in it..

I have ordered bread pudding that was described beautifully on the menu but in reality, again, it was over sized and so dense it was hardly edible and I too left most of it.

At the prices they are charging one expects UNIFORMLY good or excellent food served in a civilized atmosphere. I suspect people voting this to be #1 restaurant in Charlotte don't mind paying premium because they enjoy the scene. That is a bistro, not a high class restaurant.
I am rating service average because while food serving was very good the reservation issue was handled poorly.

1  Thank perennialtravel
Reviewed February 9, 2013

we were vip's at Mortons until we found Del Frisco's. food is awesome. you have to try the Mac and Cheese, onion rings, cheese cake, ok try it all. staff is awesome. Ask for Darcy, she is the best.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We are a group of four people that had dinner at Del Frisco's for the first time. Three of us ordered the filet, and one ordered the crab cakes. All of the food, sides and desserts were outstanding.

The filet was the best steak I have ever had in a restaurant. It was cooked and seasoned perfectly. It was so tender that my steak knife needed minimal effort to cut it. We have eaten at other premium steak restaurants, such as the Ruth's Chris in Charlotte. Honestly, there is no comparison to Del Frisco's.

The restaurant offers free valet parking. The service in the restaurant was excellent.

While this restaurant is very expensive, you will not find anything better in Charlotte at any price, especially if you are a steak lover.

Been to Del Frisco's Double Eagle? Share your experiences!