“Great lunch!”

Ranked #626 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went here for lunch with the kids after jumping at Sky High. Even though the restaurant was almost completely full when we arrived, we were immediately seated and given menus. We also received our drink order and then our food very quickly as well. Customer service was awesome-we were asked over and over again by different wait staff and managers if we needed anything. Everyone in our party ordered burgers of some kind and they were all cooked perfectly-really juicy. Will definitely go back!

There are newer reviews for Steak 'n Shake

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Worst service I've ever experienced. I've been to this location several times and the service gets worse each time. I took my mother and daughter there for lunch. We were seated at a table that was clear, but not clean. I asked the greeter if we could have our table cleaned and she claimed the residue were stains that would be cleaned at the end of the night. My thought: Why do you have to wait until the end of the night to clean noticeably unclean tables? We sat down and clearly it was dried up lettuce and ketchup on the table. As I was pointing this out to my mother, the greeter comes back over and says, "Let me wipe this for you before you have a heart attack." REALLY??? What kind of service is this??? Despite this rough start we stayed and ate. Upon leaving, we had to wait at the register over 5 minutes for the manager to come out and take our payment. All the while other workers were lounging around on the stools and chit chatting about their weekend. I paid using a card and the manager did not have a pen at the register...more waiting while he went to the back to find a writing utensil.

I've been to Steak n' Shakes in other states/locations and this one is by far the worst.

1  Thank Bobcats200381
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We came here after leaving the movies and was very pleased with the time frame in which it took to get our orders. *Added plus was that it was a Saturday and my daughter ate COMPLETELY free.* I was very satisfied!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

A fantastic dinner and great service after shopping at the local Wal-Mart. The chocolate malted shake was such a treat and the burger was wonderful. Always been a fan, always will. Except for the one out in Rolla, MO.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Been going to Steak N Shake since I was 6,. Simply nothing like their great tasting steak burgers and thin fries. Chili 3 ways is great and shakes are awesome. If you want a good meal and not spend a fortune, try this. Good fun diner...

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!