“Fun Place for Casual Dining”
Review of Mac's Speed Shop

Mac's Speed Shop
Ranked #10 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were traveling with family and stopped in for lunch on Sunday and it was a popping place! Lots of good food options and friendly service. Reasonable prices. Don't dress up ~ it's super casual and offers some outdoor picnic tables if you want to sit outside.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

There were 20 people in our group, mix of locals and visitors. Kudos to the staff for getting everyone their food and drinks at about the same time.

Excellent coleslaw. Onion rings and fried pickle chips were great. My BBQ was ok, others at the table liked theirs better. We loved the beer selection.

It is crazy loud inside, quieter at the tables outside.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

A local recommended Mac's to me on a recent visit as we ate at the Midwood Smokehouse. Loving the food at Midwood (which he also recommended), I was quick to write down this additional recommendation.

As it ended up, a visit to Mac's Speed Shop was my last meal as I wrapped up a 15 day visit to Charlotte. I was lucky enough to beat the lunch crowd and scored a bar table in the sun before the place filled to capability. Love the atmosphere inside and out. Really cool place that offers live music on Biker Night (Wednesdays).

I'm a purist, so I went with the pulled pork sandwich and the mac and cheese. Upon arrival, my mouth watered as both the sandwich and the mac and cheese looked amazing. The mac and cheese was really delicious, but my pulled pork sandwich lacked favor. I added Carolina vinegar, but that didn't help. I added their Carolina BBQ sauce, but that didn't help either. I keep adding more and more sauce in search of favor. Not an ideal situation. The BBQ at Midwood Smokehouse was so much better.

I'm hopefully to get better results on my next visit.

Oh, I do have to praise them on an excellent beer selection! Including the Birdsong IPA! Wonderful!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

great bbq and beer selection. Was treated like a local at the bar and loved every minute I was there.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Only went once for lunch, got BBQ plate....was ok, but would not go back. Did not like the atmosphere and the food was just average. Not appropriate for children in my opinion. Guess this is as good as it gets in Charlotte...never did find a god BBQ place here, had to go way outside city limits to find some.

Been to Mac's Speed Shop? Share your experiences!