“Brisket To Die For”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Reviewed October 23, 2013

First time I have visited this restaurant but upon recommendation of several local friends. The atmosphere is open air-like with a sports bar accent that feels right and should please many. The servers were very friendly and patient offering explanations and suggested choices for the lunch meal. I had their beef brisket served with 4 different custom created BBQ sauces each with their own character and taste. The Mac n' Cheese and vinegar based Collard Greens supplemented the meal. There is a respectable selection of IPA'a, Ales, Lagers and Wheat Beers from the local micro brewers that enhanced the whole experience. I shall return to try the other signature meals.

5  Thank Roger T

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My neighbor and I walk up to Macs on a regular basis. He is a home brewer and loves the selection of beer...

The outdoor patio while a bit noisy...it is on S. blvd...is a great place to kick back and hang with friends. Live music on a cool evening makes it just about perfect!

I wish I could rave about the food...I do love their selection of sauces and the pork is always consistently good...the ribs? Hit or miss and I can't say I've ever had an order of them that were awesome. They do have a Cuban sandwich on the menu which IS awesome! Their sides are great...love the green bean casserole but unless they have changed the recipe the creamed corn is best avoided.

Bottom line it's a cool place to hang out with decent food...some of it great and some of it just ok (and really great beer selection!!)

7  Thank kermitdude
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Awesome brisket, awesome sides. Parking at this location can be challenging, less so at locations in Cornelius and off S. Tryon. Always slammed at lunch but servers are up for the challenge, never had a less than outstanding meal at any of their loctions

5  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is one of the best spots in town to kick back and have a good time. Great food and the staff is first class. I had the BBQ, and it was the best I have had anyplace in town. Can't wait to go back.

4  Thank Jerry T
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Mac's Speedshop serves up the best BBQ in Charlotte hands down. Their side dishes are also incredible. My favorites are the chili and Mac n' Cheese. The environment is a great cross between Biker Bar, Sports Bar, and family restaurant. My kids love to look at all of the motorcycles parked out front, I love the big screen tv's on every wall, and my wife loves the upbeat service. Of course, everyone loves the food. Casual fun, friendly atmosphere, and great food. If you like BBQ and fun, go to Mac's.

3  Thank Sojava

Been to Mac's Speed Shop? Share your experiences!