“Best Food for the Money”

The Roasting Company
Ranked #158 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Best food for the money anywhere. Best meal I've had for under ten bucks. Been going here for years and will continue to go there. By far my favorite restaurant on or around montford.

There are newer reviews for The Roasting Company

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great value for your money. Generous portion size. My husband and I usually split an entree which comes with 2 vegetables and just get an extra veggie. Then get a pint size serving of the chicken salad, which is packed with white meat chicken to go for sandwiches the next day. Also they added a bar about 9 months ago and have a good selection of beers of tap.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Finally checked out the Roasting Company after hearing lots of great things. It's a walk-up-to-the-counter and order type place, where they offer different varieties of roasted chicken that you can order as 1/4, 1/2's, chicken and dumplings, salads, sandwiches, etc...
First the prices are outstanding. I believe my 1/4 dark chicken plate, which came with a veggie and cornbread was under 6 dollars. The chicken is roasted to perfection. Super tasty and crispy skin, and the rest of the meat falls right off the bone. Their sides are great, and you could easily pick a variety of vegetable plates if you are a vegetarian.
Definitely a place I will be frequenting.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our family stopped here for a late lunch on Saturday while traveling through Charlotte. What a neat place. This is the type of place where you place your order at the counter, pick up your food and sit down in a nice wooden table. Very casual..but excellent food! Everyone in my family had something different and everyone was pleased with their lunch. It's kind of a mix of a roasted chicken joint with a Mexican flair.

I had the Roasted Chicken with queso and rice. It was different than anything I have ever had. Roasted chicken over rice with a queso cheese topping mixed in. I really enjoyed it. My husband had the pulled chicken sandwich and was stuffed after his meal. My daughters had the roasted chicken salad and the chicken tacos. We were all full and happy when we left!!

We would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Anyone who is watching their carb intake will love this place. I usually get the 1/4 white chicken with a side of collards greens. So delicious, filling and all for under $7. If you are looking for a consistently good meal this is your answer. I will caution that this is a self serve restaurant.