“Charlotte Landmark”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The best fried chicken anywhere in Charlotte. Get there early or the line will be out the door during the work week.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

As a child, I would go with my Aunt Frances to Price's. My aunt was a relative to the Price's and we got to actually eat "inside" in the back at a picnic table. Others did not get that "luxury". That was back in the '60's and I can still say that Price's Chicken Coop still serves the same wonderful chicken, etc. it always has! No fancyness or anything else to lure you in. Gotta know it to love it and everyone should try it! Be prepared for no valet parking, no reservations, no nothing. Just go in and order and pick up. These days, we occasionally order chicken for a lunch at our office and yes, we order and go pick up!. What else to say...just great good ole fried chicken, etc. A fantastic, Southern landmark! And I am rating the atmosphere fantastic....it is what it is!

1  Thank NCAlice
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This has been in Charlotte longer than I can remember and is an iconic place here for good reason. When my husband stops to bring some home he has to order double just so he can snack on the way home- otherwise it wouldn't make it home!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

As we were driving around Charlotte antiquing, we ran across Prices. I saw they had a huge queue and and read the sign that they had been in business since 1962. We had to stop and get a piece of chicken or 4! Walking in, you felt like you were back in 1962. The employees with their crisp white uniforms, all the counter staff was well experienced. Our order was up in seconds. I could hardly wait to get out the door to try it. It was AWESOME! The chicken meat had a bit of a salty taste.The coating was delicious! It was so much better than Chain chicken. It was worth the stop!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Don't miss this monument to "Fried Chicken" Since 1962. Near to Downtown. Open fro 10-6pm. only. It is a take-away only. This is a must stop when you are in Charlotte!!