“Very Good Food! Great Service”
Review of Georges Brasserie

Georges Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Georges Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 2,429 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: A Vibrant French Brasserie blending tradition and modern cuisine!We have a full bar, a raw bar featuring fresh seasonal oysters from the east and west coast, as well as patio seating and private dining.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place was a little pricey, but we really loved the food. We recommend the appetizers and the desserts- we could have been totally satisfied with those two rounds. Mainly because I got the Duck and I really dont like Duck, so nothing against the way they cooked the food. We loved the pea risotto and the creme brule. My fiance did love his steak. Very good meal, just a hefty price with it.

There are newer reviews for Georges Brasserie

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The service was simply excellent. The mussels with Dijon white wine sauce were plentiful and delicious. The special of smoked salmon ravioli with shrimp was a delightful surprise. I wish we lived closer so we could indulge in a dinner.

1  Thank Claudia H
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Amazing cuisine and the very best service. Great wine selection and comfortable environment. I would give it 5 stars if the pricepoint was a bit lower - I did find it a bit high. The halibut is a must try but a bit pricey at $36 so enjoy every bite.. I definitely recommend if you're in the area - great for special occasions or business dinners, or just to enjoy a quiet dinner at the bar.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Located in South Park, Georges is a place that I look forward to when I go to Charlotte. Whether drinks or appetizers, the food and drink is excellent.
I started with a traditional French dish, Escargo and a Beef Tartare washed down with a Chilean Malbac. For dinner I had the Frisee salad and Beef Burginonne.
The service was excellent and timely.
The prices are in the upper range but worth the quality of food and service.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I dined here during the Restaurant Week.
The decor is pretty much what you see at any other French Bistro type of restaurants in the US. The menu had some French dishes, but I did not feel like I was in a French Restaurant at all.
My waiter did not understand my correct French pronounciation of Vichyssoise and he asked me whether I ordered same in a "American" way. The prime rib came out nicely decorated, but it tasted like it came from a BBQ joint. The only great thing about the restaurant week menu was the desset, Crème brûlée. It was creamy and large in size!
I wondered why I could get a seat here in the last minute, while I could not find any seat at the Del Frisco for over a week on the same day. It is now apparent.

2  Thank rico_chan