“Not So French”
Review of Georges Brasserie

Georges Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Georges Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 2,466 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: A Vibrant French Brasserie blending tradition and modern cuisine!We have a full bar, a raw bar featuring fresh seasonal oysters from the east and west coast, as well as patio seating and private dining.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I dined here during the Restaurant Week.
The decor is pretty much what you see at any other French Bistro type of restaurants in the US. The menu had some French dishes, but I did not feel like I was in a French Restaurant at all.
My waiter did not understand my correct French pronounciation of Vichyssoise and he asked me whether I ordered same in a "American" way. The prime rib came out nicely decorated, but it tasted like it came from a BBQ joint. The only great thing about the restaurant week menu was the desset, Crème brûlée. It was creamy and large in size!
I wondered why I could get a seat here in the last minute, while I could not find any seat at the Del Frisco for over a week on the same day. It is now apparent.

2  Thank rico_chan

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went to Georges during Charlotte's annual restaurant week so we had the limited menu options (at $30/person for 3 courses)....it was fabulous! All three of us got different items and shared and everything was equally good! The short ribs were unbelievably tender, and the chicken and salmon were amazing! The beet salad was awesome as was the vichyssoise was one of the best I've ever had. Don't skip dessert the creme brûlée was out favorite!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Enjoyed ambiance and people for brunch on Sunday. Ordered classic eggs Benedict and though tasty the English muffins were thin and difficult to cut through as well as to chew. Spoiled the experience, others at table had same concern. Will try again.

1  Thank Chuck C
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had lunch here and used my http://restaurant.com coupon:-) I had the potato soup with bacon and leeks...yum! The starter bread that they server is very good as well. I had the Beef Bourguignon over homemade pasta, which was good, but too salty for me, so I enjoyed my pear cocktail instead:-) I think I beat the lunch crowd, service was pretty fast as the restaurant was basically empty.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Once in a while when some of our friends want to try a different restaurant we wind up in noisy places, with uncomfortable chairs, moderate food and so-so service so it is always nice to come back to Georges where we know we can expect delicious food, nice white table cloths, and excellent service. It's always a treat, it's not inexpensive but worth it. The appetizer salads are huge, we really should share those, and the assortment of oysters is always nice. The main course portions are nice too, we all had the Halibut last night, which was priced at $36 I think, but it was delicious and the portions were nice and large and the presentation was nice too. We love the outside dining there in the spring, summer and even fall. The valet parking is nice too. Definitely worth a try!