“A Very Good and Thankfully Quiet Restaurant”
Review of Georges Brasserie

Georges Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Georges Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,389 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: A Vibrant French Brasserie blending tradition and modern cuisine!We have a full bar, a raw bar featuring fresh seasonal oysters from the east and west coast, as well as patio seating and private dining.
North Carolina
“A Very Good and Thankfully Quiet Restaurant”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a classy, spacious, beautifully decorated restaurant in Charlotte's trendy SouthPark area, which is to that city what Buckhead is to Atlanta. The service is superb, from host to waiter to bus boy. The food is quite good. I had scallops, my wife had salmon and we both were pleased. The highlight of our visit was Ned, our waiter, who was pleasant, professional and well educated about all aspects of his restaurant and its food. This is a very good place for having a good French dinner in an environment that is easy on the eyes and ears. You can actually converse in Georges Brasserie, which is a terrific deviation from the loud-and-busy atmosphere that is all the rage among today's restaurant operators. Prices are not at all bad for a restaurant of this quality. The wine list is not overwhelming but it works, plus there is a generous array of wines by the glass. If you bring your own bottle the fee is $15. A surprisingly tasty element of my dinner there was a simple mixed green salad, which turned out to be somewhat complex in terms of flavor and presentation. For dessert, the crème brûlée was perfect and my wife's apple tart was equally excellent. As for a dress code, there really isn't one but you'd probably feel out of place if you went too casual. All in all, this is a really good restaurant that is well worth the drive to SouthPark.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank RonANorthCarolina

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Dinner Meeting”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We joined a group on a Monday evening to dine at Georges Brasserie and the atmosphere is excellent. Our server, Cameron knew the menu inside and out and was very helpful in directing us towards food choices. Our hosts ordered red and white wine based on Cameron's suggestions and I couldn't have been happier with the selections. I ordered the mixed green salad and the scallops with couscous. My husband ordered the pork chop. The salad was wonderful and the dressing was just enough to enjoy without being overpowering. The scallops were cooked perfectly, but the Israeli couscous was not fabulous. It was described as having spinach mixed in, but i had maybe two small leaves of spinach and that was not enough to constitute it being mixed in! My husband's pork chop was perfect and he enjoyed every bite. It was served with a sunny side up egg on top that wasn't quite runny-it was more an over medium, but delicious nonetheless. We didn't have room for dessert, but I'm confident if we had it would have been delectable.

• Visited June 2013
North Carolina
“Yummy French food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been to Georges for lunch and dinner. The food is great overall but I think lunch is the better value. The place can be spendy. They have nice but not overdone French food. I've gotten to the point where I often just order their to-die-for brussels sprouts (yes you read right) and not much else because they're that good. Yes. There is nice outdoor seating and you can have a good celebration here. The decor is nice and intimate. It's a good place for a meal with friends or for a couple. I'm not too sure I'd bring the kiddies here unless they're well-behaved. There are other places for that, ya know?

Visited August 2012
Charlotte
“Wonderful evening at George's Brasserie”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had friends herefrom New York so we wanted yo make sure the restaurant was as good as the NY restaurants we had visited. Our friends raved about the food and atmosphere at George's. So glad we took them.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte
“Excellent food and service! A little piece of France here in Charlotte.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Upon entering you notice the decor which is understated yet elegant without being overdone. The service is fast but not rushed like some other places in the South Park area.
The French onion soup is a must, and the chicken salad with candied walnuts is to die for!
This is a must do if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2013