“Excellent food and friendly staff!”
Review of Global Restaurant & Bar - MOVED

Global Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Ballantyne East
Cross street: Johnston Road in Ballantyne
Description: Welcome to Global. Our Menu is designed & influenced by Chef Bernard and his wife Shannon, owners of the restaurant. An eclectic flair & appealing flavors brought back to the Carolinas after traveling the world together. Experience our cosmopolitan cuisine & wine list. "Sail away with us"
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent food and friendly staff!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My Wife and I are here for restaurant week and had a great meal. We loved the pork belly appetizer! Looked like a thick cut of bacon but melted in your mouth. A must try! The Pickled Carolina Shrimp appetizer, served on toast with pimento cheese was good as well. We had the Sea Bass and NY Strip as our entrees. The Sea Bass was good but nothing too special. The NY Strip was EXCELLENT! Served over Smoked grits, with cherry tomato & cucumber salad, & aged gouda fondue, it was perfect! Highly recommend! The desserts were okay. I expected more with all the people raving about the Nougat Glace, but it was just ok, We actually liked the Vanilla Pound Cake with Roasted strawberries, rice krispies & white chocolate milk even better.

While the place is in a commercial area, it is very easy find and no troubles parking whatsoever. You are close to the highway and slightly further from the night life in Ballentyne. The staff was all so friendly, especially the chef and his wife. You should check out Global when you can.

• Visited July 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious: Know what to get”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had heard a lot of great things about Global but I don't make it out to Ballantyne that often. If you are in the area, it is definitely worth checking out. Now we just know what to order next time:

Appetizers: The portions are perfectly sized (not as small as Good Food, but not like something from Maggiano's either).

Quail: I really like quail and the menu indicated that this was their "signature dish" so I figured it would be outstanding. This was the only app we didn't finish. It was not very good at all (again, coming from someone who generally loves quail)

Berkshire Pork Belly: Described by our waiter as a "big piece of bacon" it was pretty flavorful, but definitely on the fatty side. I know that is the definition of pork belly but I can see how it would be off-putting to some. I really enjoyed the bed of lentils it came on. We finished it but wouldn't order it again.

Eggplant and Greek Olive Spring roll: THIS is what I am talking about. This was by far our favorite dish of the night. It comes with a goat cheese and honey sauce that is good enough to drink. I'm going to try to replicate it for sure.

We also shared the sea bass entrée which was very good. They put the Sriracha on the side since my husband doesn't really care much for spicy.

Split the nougat glace dessert which was incredible. It reminded me of a dessert I had in St. Barth's on our honeymoon. Not too heavy or sweet, but just enough to hit the spot!

The restaurant was slammed, so the service was a little slow, but still very friendly. A quaint, cozy and delicious restaurant that was not at all stuffy. Definitely a nice change of atmosphere!

2 Thank Traveleur2700
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had a poor experience overall. The dining room is very small and the tables very close together which was uncomfortable. The menu does not offer great selection but the food overall is good. We were gifted a coupon from LivingSocial by a friend and when we went to pay for our meal it was declined as they said we ordered from the "discount menu." We ordered from a menu we had seen online prior to going to Global which was $89 for selected features for two. It is very poor business practice to not honor your offers and we will most definitely not be back. We were left with a bad taste in our mouth.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Gem of a foodie restaurant.....”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Service is exceptional....Brantley, Chris, Mike ....food is fabulously fun and ever so changing....lovely small portions( just the right size so not too overindulge). Chef Bernard's attention to the presentation combined with his playful pairing of foods, make this our Fav restaurant. Attire: not too dressy, funky casual is great....lovely intimate bar for Prosecco before dinner and gande marnier after. Love this little jewel. Charlotte is so lucky !!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Global for the first time on New Years Eve 2013. The meal was seriously one of the best we have ever had. We have already been back for another dinner, and plan on returning again on at least a monthly basis. This is our new favorite restaurant in Charlotte, and that includes a comparison to Global and Zebra. I highly recommend Global to anyone who is looking for a fantastic meal!

• Visited December 2013