“Perfection!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Ballantyne East
Cross street: Johnston Road in Ballantyne
Description: Welcome to Global. Our Menu is designed & influenced by Chef Bernard and his wife Shannon, owners of the restaurant. An eclectic flair & appealing flavors brought back to the Carolinas after traveling the world together. Experience our cosmopolitan cuisine & wine list. "Sail away with us"
Charlotte
“Perfection!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Having lived and travelled all over the world, we are generally hard to please, and were so happy to have been able to treat our guests to a perfect meal in Charlotte! Don't let the location, in a business park, fool you, this is a true gem! The service is impeccable and the food delicious: the pork belly was outstanding, the NY Strip prepared just right, the sea bass and all the flavors perfect. Michael, our waiter, was extremely knowledgeable, not only about each food item on the menu, he also did a great job on the wine parings. He was there when we needed him but he was not in our face like so many servers are these days. The nougat glace and the apple pie were delicious, homemade desserts. Love this small, family run restaurant!

• Visited January 2014

New York
“One of the best meals I've had”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I don't understand why this restaurant is not ranked higher. My meal was incredible, I'm still talking about it 2 weeks later. Fantastic restaurant. Run don't walk. It is pricey, but it's worth it.

• Visited January 2014
“Not bad”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Service was excellent from the time I walked in the door. Food was above average. Highlight was the nougat glacé dessert. I could not give more than three stars considering the location and price. One or the other should be better unless the food is just incredible and can carry itself. Bottom line is, you can get a better dining experience in this area at the same (or lower) price point.

Pros: Service, presentation, dessert
Cons: location, ambiance, value

Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Expensive for an ok meal”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Attentive service but delivered w a few more lectures and a bit more attitude than necessary. For example, when someone asks about the lamb, they don't need a lecture about how lamb can have a strong flavor and may not be for them if they haven't had it before (esp without asking if they have). If a guest asks for the dessert menu, don't tell them that we do that after you eat your entrees.

Food was hit or miss. Salad had a unique and interesting dressing that was quite good. Two friends appeared to truly enjoy their entrees of lamb and fish. One guest left half the over-salted fish on his plate and no one thought to inquire why a big guy like that didn't finish a tiny portion of fish and what might be wrong with it. I had the vegetarian butternut squash ravioli. It was ok but between the dates, balsamic reduction and browned butter, it tasted like candy. Not necessarily bad but no need to have dessert when I had it for my meal. Again, very small portion.

All in, not terrible, but I went home hungry, spent a lot of money and food, service and the wine selection were at best acceptable for a restaurant at this price point.

I hate to give a bad review and would like every restaurant to succeed but I can't imagine I will return to this one.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte NC
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary and we're pleased on all aspects.
They make you feel like they know you but give you service and food that exceeds expectations..
Definitely will return when we want to go out on the town for an upscale meal.

• Visited December 2013