“Warm and lovely”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Ballantyne East
Cross street: Johnston Road in Ballantyne
Description: Welcome to Global. Our Menu is designed & influenced by Chef Bernard and his wife Shannon, owners of the restaurant. An eclectic flair & appealing flavors brought back to the Carolinas after traveling the world together. Experience our cosmopolitan cuisine & wine list. "Sail away with us"
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a great experience in this lovely, out of the way venue. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the chef came out as well. The menu is varied and interesting. I had an amazing app, pork belly with a one hour poached egg. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the relaxed service and fabulous wine list. Definitely a place to check out.

1  Thank Lindamccat
There are newer reviews for Global Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Little place tucked in an office park but don't be fooled by the location and exterior. Cozy and intimate. Interesting Decor... Attentive and knowledgable staff.. I will warn you that if you don't eat meat, this is not the place for you! We however are carnivores. We started with a fabulous Appetizer ...Berkshire pork belly. Melt in your mouth slice of pure bacony pork flavor! The "egg drop" soup is nothing like egg drop soup. It was creamy and smoky and mushroomy...with the most fabulous hint of ginger..very nice. My husband had the tilefish served with risotto. I had the chefs selection lamb. Both were excellent. Nice wine list...great cocktails. Portions were small but rich.. Expensive but worth the price for a special dinner.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Global was my Administrative Assistant's pick for a 12 person business dinner in Charlotte. The location was charmless as the restaurant is housed adjacent to a parking facility within an office park. While some would characterize the decor as "interesting", I suggest it is simply dark and dreary -- "tomb-like". The view of the street was a highlight. But alas, you are awaiting the substance of my review -- the food. Well, it was generally mediocre. No surprise for Charlotte. The piece de resistance was Paella ordered by a pescaterian guest (one who eats only fish and NO meat). After having taken several bites, he discovered small bits of the chorizo sausage that the server promised would be left out of the preparation. I am still unsure as to which was more upsetting for my guest, eating meat for the first time or the visual image of the chef using his fingers to pull the bits of sausage from the dish prior to serving it. This behavior, lie if you will, is the ultimate culinary insult -- a chef who has no regard for patrons' dietary requirements.

1  Thank lag10021
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to Global on recommendation of hotel concierge--never would have found it without a driver. Incredibly obscure location in an office park. Small, cozy, a little loud and a little bright. Small wine list with some interesting choices. Salad and soup were excellent, bread was great. Main course good but not as good as starters. Server was enthusiastic and friendly (maybe a bit too much). Overall a good experience. You walk away wondering how they can survive in such a location, but server said they've been there for years. Seems to be best restaurant in Ballantyne area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Based on reviews I chose this restaurant for a business dinner with 6 of my colleagues. We are all out of towners so depend on Trip Advisor suggestions for some of our dinners. We were pleasantly surprised by not only the décor but the food. Tucked away in an office park, Global is an intimate restaurant with beautiful modern décor. Everyone was very pleased with their meals, both main course and appetizers. My only complaint was that my beef tartare was not cold, which I prefer, but was served at room temperature. The service was excellent, waiters were knowledgeable but when asked about what they thought about specific dishes, we were told they were all very popular. I prefer a waiter who puts a stake in the ground and gives a definite opinion.