“Terrible”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 2,477 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Transit: Off the main road and beneath the mall
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had dinner on 05/18/13 and it was just terrible. I had the Seared Rare Tuna and I asked the waiter to please have it cooked just a little longer so it was warm through out. I assumed a small steak size portion for the 30.00 price but what I got was an appetizer size of four small slices. The tuna was room temp and the side of steamed rice was so cold it obviously just came out of the fridge. I won't be going back.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I made Mother's Day reservations at McCormick & Schmicks Southpark after hearing good things about the food. As a result, I probably entered into the occasion with great expectations.

That greatness was not delivered and instead we were confronted with under cooked steak, small flavorless Salmon, a waiter who rushed us through our meal by removing plates before everyone at the table was finished (my pet peeve) and a very large bill for the pleasure of it all.

My experience was that this is standard chain-restaurant fare, delivered by under-trained staff but the prices say otherwise.

2  Thank Ron H
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here with a group. They offer happy hour for extended periods, but with limited cocktails and limited food choices. The main menu has excellent food, but the service is very slow. Be prepared for an all nighter.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

As is often, we chose McC & Sch for a lunch with friends... All seemed to be going fine except for a noticeable change in attitude by the wait staff... Then when the food arrived one of our guests bit into a piece of her salad that included bacon and the bacon was like eatinig a rock causing discomfort with a tooth. The staff and manager seemed surprised but courteous. When the guest submitted a small bill to the restaurant for having the tooth checked she rec'd a almost abrupt letter from the Dallas "Hqrtrs" saying sorry... not our responsibility and refused to pay the $60 tab.

After being owned by the NW restauranteuers Bill McCormick and Doug Schmick for many years, the new owners Tilman Ferlitta have a different philosophy about customer service it seems. Amazing what some companies will do to recover their money after a company is purchased.
Yes.. you would be correct, we will not be leaving any money in M&S again..

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Walked right into the restuarant to a most pleasurable experience. There were 6 of us and the service could not have been better. We were seated immediately..(we had reservations). When we were seated, we were acknowledged immediately. Our waiter, Jodie was extremely friendly. She answered all of our questions about how each entree was prepared. She seemed to know the menu quite well. .The food was excellent. She took it upon herslf to ask again & again if our order could be prepared as we liked it. I had tapalia and steak. Both were cooked great. It had a lovely atmosphere. . My only problem was that she was steadly trying to up-sell us for some higher priced items, items we did not want,All and all, the entire experirnce was quite enjoyable as we were not rushed out of the restuarant when we got through eating.