“Maybe the sushi is good here”

Jade Asian Fusion Sushi Bar
Ranked #898 of 2,466 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from Ballantyne Resort
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have not tried the sushi. We had tofu appetizers and spring rolls. The spring rolls were a little greasy, but delicious filling. The tofu appetizers too large to eat with your chopsticks, but nice an hot, though very silky inside. The tangerine scallops were heavily breaded and the tangerine flavor is in the breading. The flavor of the scallops was fine. The mixed veggie with tofu was fine also. The veggies were fresh, broc, baby corn, mushrooms. Both of these dishes were served with the sauces on the side. (Same sauce for both dishes. Gelatinous sauce like a thick hoison sauce, goopy. glad it was on the side, not very good sauce.) SErvice was fine. Food was fast. Wine list ok.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Ultra fresh sashimi & nigiri, the best I've had in 3 years & 15 major metro's! Truly great staff and wonderful waiters.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

By the way, can we talk about how insanely good looking the waitstaff is? Bad grammar but holy mother of God, this is crazy. Another (woman I'm guessing) patron commented on the attractiveness of the men here. Myself and every woman I observed were hot under the collar over the waiters. Wow. I mean the sushi is fantastic but check out the superhero jawline of Kirby. I moved here from Chicago and am missing the fusion French/Japanese fusion. This place has excellent food, no ambience but it makes up in male attractiveness. Plan your Bachelorette party now...

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

this is one of my family's favorite sushi places.it is always very fresh and even the California rolls are amazing.try the sesame chicken. It is the best I have ever had. The sauce is very light an extremely tasty. The chicken is prepared perfectly. It is a little expensive but still our favorite.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I just got back from Jade after a birthday lunch. It was a beautiful day to sit outside so we did. It was a bit chilly in the shade so we had to move into the sun. The glasses that our soft drinks came in were very cold. Almost as if the glasses were in the fridge before hand. Our soft drinks tasted very watered down which sucked. The refill wasn't much better. We ordered different types of sushi. There was only one that I could have done without. I like that there was a very big variety of sushi selections to choose from. Not like the standard choices. Our wait time wasn't long at all. My only complaint was the watered down soft drinks. Other than that it was a very nice experience. I can't wait to go back.