“Excellent and unique”

The Fig Tree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fig Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Hawthorne
Description: Chef-owned and operated, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located just minutes from Uptown in a beautifully restored 1913 bungalow. Chef Zanitsch's cuisine is Country European with an emphasis on wine pairing. The wine list is not only award-winning but also affordable; the service unsurpassed. Beautiful fireplaces glow in the fall and winter while alfresco dining on the veranda is a must in the spring and summer.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Excellent and unique”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went for our 15th wedding anniversary. The location is central to Uptown but not the best neighborhood to be sure since. That is the only drawback. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. Sure the price is high but about what you would expect for the quality so no complaints. The elk and veal chops with shrimp were tremendous. But believe it or not one of my favorite bites was the bread with rosemary infused olive oil and garlic aioli. I couldn't get enough. Oh and if you are getting a house salad ask for some toppings like calamari. It was fantastic and only $3 extra!

• Visited February 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Charlotte”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I "like" a lot of places, but there are few that I love. I am happy to say that The Fig Tree is one restaurant that I love. I even like it better than the highly acclaimed Barrington's (which is another amazing restaurant in Charlotte).

Yes, it's pricy, but worth it for a special occasion. The food is superior to anything else I've had in Charlotte. It's not gimmicky or trendy, it's straight forward delicious cuisine with a touch of flair!

I did a blog post about my NYE meal which you can read here: http://theladyolive.com/…

It had been a couple of years since I was lucky enough to be wined and dined at The Fig Tree and I was so excited! The food and service are top notch.

One of my favorite appetizers in the apple beggar's purse: flaky pastry filled with gorgonzola and served with apples. My favorite sweet and salty combination.

I've never had anything I didn't love. The filet I ordered was cooked and seasoned absolutely perfectly.

The wine lists is huge! Definitely a good place to take your wino friends. The service is friendly, professional and personal. Take whoever you want to impress here!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Traveleur2700
Greenville, SC
“Fabulous.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We happened on the Fig Tree quite by accident… it was recommended by our cab driver. The restaurant is located in a charming old home. We had no reservation and settled for a seat at the small bar. The Bartender, Mark, was quite professional and mixed a mean martini. He offered us menus and we ordered dinner. FABULOUS. I ordered the special, Bass. It was just terrific. My husband had steel head trout and he loved it. The accompanying salad and bread- terrific. Honestly, I would eat there again tomorrow if I could. Yum...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ScotchnSoda1
Nashville, Tennessee
“Delicious eating in Charlotte”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We actually were referred to the Fig Tree through Open Table. It came with really good reviews that were accurate.

The Fig Tree is in a converted old home which was done beautifully! The diners are in small groups in several rooms but open enough not to be claustrophobic.

The food was sublime. I wasn't starving so chose the starter of grilled octopus. I have had grilled octopus all over the world and this was the best that I have had. It was flavorful and tender and paired with chickpeas and herbs. Just delicious!

My husband had the veal chop which was delicious and tender and seasoned perfectly. It came on top of mashed potatoes that were perfect. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert, but their beignets looked absolutely delightful! It was paired with cream anglaise and espresso ice cream and I can't wait to go back and try that!

We will definitely be back to this fine establishment!

• Visited December 2013
Napa, California
“Great gem in Elizabeth neighborhood”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I came to Charlotte to visit. We are interested in the city and wanted to check-out the restaurant scene. We chose this restaurant based on reviews and we were not disappointed.
The setting is very nice and is in a former home. We sat on the main floor.
The wine list is good. The food menu is not elaborate but everything we ordered was excellent.
The service was very good and attentive.
Definitely somewhere we would return to and recommend to others.

• Visited November 2013

Been to The Fig Tree Restaurant? Share your experiences!