“One of a kind”

Fig Tree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,352 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Hawthorne
Description: Chef-owned and operated, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located just minutes from Uptown in a beautifully restored 1913 bungalow. Chef Zanitsch's cuisine is Country European with an emphasis on wine pairing. The wine list is not only award-winning but also affordable; the service unsurpassed. Beautiful fireplaces glow in the fall and winter while alfresco dining on the veranda is a must in the spring and summer.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of a kind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dined for a recent birthday dinner and this restaurant had been on my list of places to try living in Charlotte. Wasn't disappointed - had a very lovely service experience; attentive yet not intrusive. The food was well done and the rooms were cozy (at least that was my experience on the 2nd floor of the house). Would go back and recommend to others.

Asheville, North Carolina
“A Jewel in Charlotte”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I dined at this lovely little re done home in a very nice section of Charlotte. The weather was lovely and dry so we dined on their very spacious porch. Our server was the best, a young lady , Ivy. what a treat! we ordered a wonderful appetizer, snails with a great gorgonzola sauce, WOW what a hit. The bread was good, not great, served with a garlic puree, very nice but not that special....my husband is a garlic king...grows garlic and knows garlic.
I ordered the large caesar salad with calimari which was very good ( my entree) My husband ordered the trout which he said was wonderful, the quinøne was really nice , he said. We did not have dessert although it was offered and looked divine!
The fig Tree has a very good wine selection, not inexpensive, but nonetheless quite good.

We will return to The Fig Tree when we are in Charlotte, food was very good and wait staff excellent. Don;t miss the wines!!!

Savannah, Georgia
“Can't Believe I Had Never Heard of This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I Go to Charlotte a few times a year for business and am familiar with The Queen City as I lived there 1996-2001. The Fig Tree is a short drive/cab ride from uptown. 5 minutes or less depending on time of day/night. Literally one mile heading eastbound on 7th. Go.
Service was impeccable from hostess, waiter, bus boy, and bartender. As former servers my wife and I were impressed by fact that the wait staff truly worked as a team. Our server took the time to address a question from a table not in his section and 2 waitresses from other sections pre- bussed our salad plates and delivered bread without us prompting anyone. Bus boy filled water glasses before they were empty. I was surprised they didn't offer sparkling or even flat H2O. It was tap. Not an issue for me, but the restaurant is very nice--we didn't ask, so maybe they do.
Food was fantastic. Menu was diverse. Wine list infinite. You can hit their website to see all.
After dinner we took bottle of vino #2 to the bar to finish it as we wanted to free up the table so staff could get out of there. The bartender couldn't have been nicer.
Apparently,The Fig Tree has been here about 8 years or so.
We sat inside based upon a review we saw warning about sitting outside on patio.

1 Thank jimmyk4444
North Carolina
“A bit disappointed....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ate at the Fig Tree on a Thursday night, with relatively few diners and a lot of staff around. Service was okay but on the slow side, considering the availability of people to serve! Also, we had a fig tart as an appetizer, and it arrived burned--the crust was black, and the tart itself tasted burnt. A good chef would not have let that be served! The rest of our food was okay (3-4 stars), but the die was cast by the tart. Wines are excellent, with very reasonable markup from retail prices. Food prices were about average for a restaurant in this class. The atmosphere outside was fantastic--we were blessed by a cool evening with no rain and few clouds, so we sat outside.

Sedona, Arizona
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I selected this restaurant based on previous Trip Advisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. It is located a little ways from the hub of Charlotte, but is worth the drive out there. We arrived a little before opening time, and were welcomed in to the bar area where we had very good pre-dinner cocktails. Dinner was exceptional - we had the elk and the filet mignon. This restaurant deserves the reviews it gets, and is worth every penny.

Visited July 2013

Been to Fig Tree Restaurant? Share your experiences!