“Beautiful place, great service, good food”

Fig Tree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Hawthorne
Description: Chef-owned and operated, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located just minutes from Uptown in a beautifully restored 1913 bungalow. Chef Zanitsch's cuisine is Country European with an emphasis on wine pairing. The wine list is not only award-winning but also affordable; the service unsurpassed. Beautiful fireplaces glow in the fall and winter while alfresco dining on the veranda is a must in the spring and summer.
Caracas, Venezuela
“Beautiful place, great service, good food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on may the 1st. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. The place is beautiful, it seems like an old house from the 19th century with a cozy and romantic atmosphere. The service was polite, very attentive and friendly and yet not invasive. They have an interisting (pricy) wine list but you can find something also interesting by the glass not having to spend too much money. We had the Scargots for appetizer and they were delicious. For main courses we ordered the filet Mignon and the lamb chops, good portions and tasty. The entrees come with fresh house salads (mixed greens) which they are served before they bring the main courses. The dessert was just ok but not great, maybe our selection wasn't the best (it was a chocalate mousse but I do not remember exactly the name). They also serve coffe (espresso and some other preparations) and tea. Good restaurant overall.

• Visited May 2013

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Perfect Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our friends surprised us with a special dinner to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary on April 30th. We were in a private room on the second floor of the restaurant (which was a good thing, considering the exuberance of our celebration!) I adored the polenta appetizer, salad with baby greens and Gorgonzola, and the scallop entree, and everyone at our table had similar comments about their meals. The wine list is extensive and a bit pricey. The corkage fee is $20 per bottle if you bring your own wine. Our service was outstanding - personable, professional, and attentive. Perhaps it was the wonderful company, but this was undoubtedly one of the happiest and most convivial meals we have enjoyed in many years!

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A bit overpriced”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

A chef-owned top quality restaurant very close to uptown Charlotte. One of the most original and remarkable places to go dining in the city. That's why, it's our first choice when we have some special guests. Besides the incomparable taste of every dish and first-class service, the porch outside offers a nice chance of sipping some evening drinks -especially in Spring. A strong and extremely satisfactory wine list. Just a bit overpriced, I have to admit... But others may say, it's well worth it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Terry U
“Tasty”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had dinner there this past Saturday night. We sat on the porch as the weather was quite lovely. The atmosphere was great. The service was excellent. Our waitress wasn't the friendliest but she was very attentive to our needs. We had the fried oyster appetizer which was excellent.The veal chop was very good as well but could have used a little sauce on it. It was a little bit bland. We also had the veal scallopini special which actually came out a little burnt. I didn't send it back but I thought for the price it could have been better. We had the creme brulee dessert and it was fabulous. Great dinner experience overall with just a few imperfections.

Visited March 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Chef-Owned High End Restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Charlotte working, and was there for about 3 weeks, putting in a lot of time. On the eve of my birthday, I decided it was time for a treat. I found the Fig Tree on Trip Advisor and thought it sounded good. Well it was beyond good, it was truly wonderful. I had soup which was exquisite, a Scallops app, also really well done, and to top it off, I had two of the biggest and BEST lamb chops I've ever eaten anywhere. Each dish was cooked to perfection. Over all, there is only one thing that would have made my Fig Tree experience better- if I had my wonderful girlfriend along with me that night. The Fig Tree Restaurant is a wonderful place in a sweet little setting. I ate in the bar, and was well taken care of. If you are in Charlotte, and love really good high end food, swing out to see them. I hope you find it as truly great as I did.

Visited September 2012