“You Cannot go wrong with Ruth's Chris”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 2,491 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E 4th
Transit: Lynx Light Rail Stop number 25660 at Tryon Street & 3rd Street
Description: They call Ruth’s Chris founder Ruth Fertel, the First Lady of American Restaurants. But before there were 130+ locations serving 25,000 steaks a day, there was a fearless single mother of two who tore an ad from the local newspaper that read “steak house for sale” and thought, “I can do that”. The year was 1965. It’s a great American story of how one person- a woman, at a time and in a business dominated by men took an idea and made it sing. What Ruth lacked in experience she made up in hard work. But it wasn’t just sixteen – hour days that made her steakhouse an icon. Ruth had the divinely simple, yet uncommonly magical way of touching people with genuine kindness- the way food and love and people just fit together in her hometown of New Orleans where the legend was born. in 1976, there was fire at the original Chris’ Steak House, destroying the restaurant and leaving Ruth in a difficult situation. But Ruth was smart, and she learned to trust her instincts. Ruth plowed forward and within seven days she was back in business in a new location just four blocks away on Broad Street in New Orleans. Tired of guests calling her Chris but not wanting to lose to loyal customer base who knew the restaurant by it’s longtime name, Ruth renamed her restaurant “Ruth’s Chris Steak House”…and the rest is history.
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The manager Christopher Brown was great. We got our steaks a little too done and he made things right. Our server Was super too.
All of us (six) go to Ruth's Chris all the time because of the great food and service.
I give this Ruth's Chris excellent marks. You will love this place.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had dinner here on the evening of Fathers day and enjoyed the petite fillet with some lovely vegetable sides. I asked for mine medium rare and it was done to perfection. The waiter came and checked to see if it was cooked to my liking.The accompaniments were great and the desert was also delicious. We enjoyed a glass of shiraz to top off the meal. Lovely setting, great service and very helpful staff. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Estev0
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My beautiful wife took me here for dinner for my birthday back in April. The service was great and everybody took the time to acknowledge our special occasion. She reserved a room that most people probably don't know about at this location. You can sit in the room where they keep the vintage wine. It's not very big, but it is very private. It was nice considering we enjoy our privacy and nobody was there to bother us. I would ask about it if you are making reservations. It is only large enough for two people. The food is always fantastic at Ruth's Chris. The NY strip steak was very delicious and the garlic mash potatoes were excellent. I'm never dissapointed when I get a steak from this restaurant. The food is expensive at Ruth's Chris, but you probably knew that already. It is certainly worth it in my opinion. The quality and taste of everything sticks in my memory. It really is that good. Thank you to the staff for making our experience pleasant! I'm sure we will back in the near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We're there for the Memorial Saturday and had a band and was very nice to sit in the patio area and watch the festive street -:)

Did the course thing and was ok
1. Lobster bisque could be better (Go taste Brio's)
2. Bread was very hot and nuce and delicious butter.
3. Stella Artois Draft beer is so nice and One was for free -;) because the forgot to serve the Brocoli.
5. Burger of course and cheap too (Wife's choice so didn't try it myself)
6. Servers are attentive and fast (Forgetting the broccoli not a biggie especially when you get beer for free-;)
6. Very clean
7. PLEASE LOS THE HORRIBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE!! The worst I had in any restaurant!!! I almost puked!! Seriously doesn't go with your fancy restaurant.

We will go back just for the location and DID I SAY THE STUFFED CHICKEN! ! wow -;)

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Memorial Day weekend trip... Ate outside, people watched. Forgot how friendly and peaceful Charlotte can be! One of the best cities in the south! At Ruth's, we started with delicious Pom martinis and crab cakes. Delicious. Lobster bisque equally as tasty. Ended with lamb chops cooked to perfection. Service impeccable. We will go back!

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!