“Always awesome!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 2,468 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E 4th
Transit: Lynx Light Rail Stop number 25660 at Tryon Street & 3rd Street
Description: They call Ruth’s Chris founder Ruth Fertel, the First Lady of American Restaurants. But before there were 130+ locations serving 25,000 steaks a day, there was a fearless single mother of two who tore an ad from the local newspaper that read “steak house for sale” and thought, “I can do that”. The year was 1965. It’s a great American story of how one person- a woman, at a time and in a business dominated by men took an idea and made it sing. What Ruth lacked in experience she made up in hard work. But it wasn’t just sixteen – hour days that made her steakhouse an icon. Ruth had the divinely simple, yet uncommonly magical way of touching people with genuine kindness- the way food and love and people just fit together in her hometown of New Orleans where the legend was born. in 1976, there was fire at the original Chris’ Steak House, destroying the restaurant and leaving Ruth in a difficult situation. But Ruth was smart, and she learned to trust her instincts. Ruth plowed forward and within seven days she was back in business in a new location just four blocks away on Broad Street in New Orleans. Tired of guests calling her Chris but not wanting to lose to loyal customer base who knew the restaurant by it’s longtime name, Ruth renamed her restaurant “Ruth’s Chris Steak House”…and the rest is history.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Hands down the best steak you will ever put in your mouth! The creme brulee is also to die for and the staff is always wonderful and friendly. I can't wait to go back!

Amber G, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Restaraunt was fine.. .very pricey. My husband lost his wallet there and the refused to look for it until we were already back in Fayetteville NC then they wanted to tell us that we would have to come all the way back to get it. Had to call corporate office to get this rectified however if he does not get his wallet back this review will change and I will file a complaint with the BBB

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Without a doubt the best staff of any Ruth Chris I have been to. It grows without saying that the food at Ruth's is amazing., but the reason I keep going back to the Charlotte location is the warm and attentive staff. After a long day of traveling, I can count on a great meal and a smile on my face when I visit. Great service is the key to a great dining experience.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went here for my birthday and it was very nice. The atmosphere was really nice and the food was good.

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We are corporate clients and occupied the private dining room. Service couldn't be worse. 2 hours into the night and we've only just gotten salad course. Never bring clients here

I apologize that your service was not up to our standard. You should have received better service.