“NEVER AGAIN”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 26, 2011

HORRIBLE experience. I went with a group of coworkers for a birthday celebration after work and bought ONE drink. Before I left, the incompetent waitress charged my card not only what I owed for my drink, but she also included everyone else's bill. YEP, that means I was charged over $200 for a $4 drink. When I confronted the waitress to address her mistake, she rudely tole me to hold on because she was busy doing something else. Then, when I showed her my bill she snatched it out of my hand as if it were my mistake and just walked off. The manager had to get involved and tried to pacify me by asking what she could do to make me feel better. She tried to console me by rubbing my arm (PLEASE don't touch me) and then offered me a $25 gift card (like I'll EVER return to this joke of an establishment). Here's the kicker: she said the money would be debited back to my card...IN FOUR DAYS and couldn't seem to understand why I was still mad. I need my money back NOW ma'am. I don't want to be pacified; I want your incompetent employee's mistake corrected.

This was my first and DEFINITELY LAST experience with this place. NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

2  Thank JustinW679
There are newer reviews for Thomas Street Tavern

Reviewed September 17, 2010

a great bar with a great outdoor fun area in the back...great for watching the game or hangin out with a group on a nice night

Reviewed June 7, 2010

Having been in Charlotte for about a year, I have spent some time trying to find a place that has the right mix: good music, great bartending service, a nice outdoor patio, people looking to enjoy themselves for who they are (not who they pretend to be), and fun stuff to do while I'm there.

Thomas Street has it all.

The deck is spacious, with two outdoor bars (one cash only). Two ping pong tables and cornhole with lots of tables are available, and the people who hang out there are friendly and happy to take on new challengers just for fun. Lots of TVs to watch the Stanley Cup, NASCAR racing, NBA--whatever the season! And of course the food is good and the options at the bar are vast.

I plan on spending many, many afternoons there over the next few weeks enjoying the World Cup!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 8, 2008

A real bar, with diverse crowd of people who enjoy drinking and whooping it up. Pool table, outside ping pong table, etc.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 19, 2008

the location and atmosphere are best, the food is, well, tavern food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook