“Fantastic food . . interesting ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Foskoskies Neighborhood Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic food . . interesting ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

There is every effort made to have delicious and interesting food, and each weekend means a different menu that is intriguing.

• Visited November 2011

North Carolina
“Unique, wonderful food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've been several times and the shrimp and grits are my favorite, but you can't go wrong with the specials. I never order dessert out, but I do here and take it home with me if I have too...try one and you will see why. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Visited December 2011
Charlotte, NC
“A true gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Foskoskies is one of my favorite places to eat in Charlotte. The food is consistently delicious. They focus on local ingredients, like Grateful Growers pork products. Their desserts are made in house and they nail them every time (they do an especially amazing job with cake), so share a meal if you have to but don't skip the sweet stuff.

This is one of those places that I don't have a particular favorite dish that I crave when I go there (except maybe the chicken and waffles at brunch - YUM!). I go there for the specials. They're always interesting and delicious. That goes for both dinner and brunch.

They do themed dinners every so often which are always fun. They have three or four courses, plus an alcohol pairing. Recently they did a Jameson Whiskey dinner. In the past they've had Greek themed dinners, and once they did a Grateful Growers/Duck Rabbit beer dinner that is in my top ten best meals of all time.

Add to all that delicious eating a friendly and attentive staff. You can usually find the owner in the dining room helping the servers or just seeking feedback from the diners. I'm happy to be a regular there. Bring on the coconut lime cake!

• Visited August 2011
Charlotte
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

A little off the beaten path and doesn't look like much (in a strip mall) but the food was terrific. I had the meatloaf, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots; my dining companion had the crabcake, grilled asparagus and rice. We swapped food throughout the meal and loved every bite. Dessert was apple butterscotch cake, which came with vanilla, raspberry and mango purees poured into a beautiful floral pattern on the plate, which was garnished with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Perfection!

We will be back for sure!

charlotte
“Little neiborhood spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

This little restaurant is the perfect neighborhood spot. It's long narrow seating makes the feel cozy and comfortable and the lunch counter is very inviting. The food is an eclectic mix of comfort foods from all over the world. There was nothing on the menu that I didn't want to try. So, I narrowed it down to my old standby, fish and chips. I must say they were the best I've had in Charlotte. Their beer selection was outstanding as well and to top it all off the service was unflappable and very accommodating. I didn't have dessert but the desserts I saw go by my table were pure sin on a plate.
This restaurant has a great feeling of a gathering spot and community watering hole. As it should because it is tucked away in an old Charlotte neighborhood. The prices are very reasonable for what is so obviously a talented kitchen.