“Food is good, but service is TERRIBLE”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Zada Jane's

Zada Jane's
Ranked #100 of 2,352 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Food is good, but service is TERRIBLE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Zada's for 5 years. We enjoy the coffee menu (they have a great espresso machine), and he LOVES their Bunny Rancheros. We used to go weekly until the last couple years.

The service took a steep fall around that time, and after the terrible service we received today, I decided to finally write a review.

Sometimes, you get a GREAT waitress. If you get the singing waitress (she will randomly start singing out loud, love it), you are in luck! She is amazing. If you get the waitress who usually works behind the bar and looks strikingly like Erika Christensen from SwimFan- AWESOME! She's great too. Sadly, neither one was there today...

After ordering, receiving and eating our meal we waited... and waited for our check (as my toddler was getting very impatient and chatty). Finally, we caught the waitress and I was able to ask for it- she brought it pretty quickly. My husband threw his debit card in with the receipt and she took it to swipe the card. THEN... We waited, waited, waited and WAITED 20 minutes for her to return. After about ten, I walked up to the bar to ask for our debit card back so my husband could get to work on time (at this point, we'd been done eating for over 30 minutes), while our waitress chattered with the same table she'd been at the majority of our waiting time. The hostess patiently waited for her to finish (to ask where the heck she'd put our card) as I was steaming mad. Neither the waitress, nor the hostess that I spoke with apologized for our long wait to get our card back. No explanation about what even happened to it during that time (note to self: keep close tabs on debit account over the next few weeks).

I have never, ever, EVER left less than a 20% tip at a restaurant and usually leave about 25-30% as I have been in the service industry before and appreciate good service. I left about 10%, and now I regret leaving even that.
Zada's, you NEED better servers. Your food is usually great, but the service we have received nearly every time we have frequented in the last TWO years has been very bad.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank stephiet_12

North Carolina
“Nice and funky eatery in the thick of things”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Zada Jane's is the kind of place you bring your dog and/or your kids and sit outside and drink coffee and visit with friends. You can sit inside too but I don't do that. This place is when I want to hang outside. They've got two shuffleboard courts and about 10 outside tables. The food's good but nothing out of the ordinary. Oh wait; the sauteed sweet potatoes are to die for. OK so outside of those this is a great little sandwich/hang-out-with-your friends place. It's located in Central Avenue, which unfortunately is very busy and can be a loud street. The view is nothing to write about unless you like people-watching. Parking is VERY limited. But I like going there, like the food, and like the vibe. Go.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank travelviapurple
Austin
“Great brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were part of a party of 8 that had a wonderful brunch today (a Saturday). We were able to find convenient parking at about 1 PM and a table was available.

Portions were quite good, the food was well prepared, the coffee strong and copious, and the price reasonable. Service was also top notch. My only complaint - a small one - is that the black-eyed pea salad was not to my liking. The beans were way undercooked. The waitress quickly replaced this side dish with raosted potatoes, which quite nice.

• Visited May 2013
CHARLOTTE
“Great breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I like the breakfasts and lunches better than dinners. The various egg dishes are great and I love the NODA salad. My husband is less enthralled. Funky atmosphere in my favorite Charlotte neighborhood.

Visited March 2013
NC
“Very good brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for weekend brunch. It was packed. The dining area is small with few tables for more than two people. Expect a wait if more than two people. Our food was delicious and the service was good. The menu had many organic food options.