“Yummy french toast!”

Zada Jane's
Ranked #92 of 2,351 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Muncie, Indiana
“Yummy french toast!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I thought the amaretto french toast would be too sweet - but it was not at all! It was the perfect balance, and I loved the orange butter and toasted almonds that came with it. I also tried an egg with a biscuit, both good. Unpretentious and simple food, but well done!

Visited September 2012

piedmont of NC
“Wasn't what I expected”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Was expecting to be blown away, given how busy they were. Wait time around 11am was quoted as 30-40 minutes, but we got in after about 20.
Food was ok, 1/2 of us loved our meals (omelets) other 1/2 (pancakes,french toast) thought breakfast was just ok. My french toast was fine, but nothing to rave about, turkey sausage came out cold. Service was attentive and well paced until the end, then we had to wait a while for our check. We felt bad as we knew others were waiting but we couldn't help it that our waitress disappeared.
Patio looked nice. We were seated inside, interior is kind of kitchy and noise level is pretty high, but no one seemed to mind.
Love the neighborhood location, I'm sure its a gem for people living nearby.
May or may not visit again.

• Visited September 2012
“Surprisingly disappointed...”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to Zada Janes this morning for breakfast. I haven't been there in a few months but they have been one of my favorite breakfast spots in Charlotte. Unfortunately that was not the case today. After waiting about 49 minutes we sat down and got water and coffee. About 5 minutes later we placed our order. Service was the first issue. Our server never came back to refill our coffee and it took a while to hunt someone down for more. Then came my breakfast which is one of my favorites, the Belvedere Omelette. I requested egg whites only. They did not taste like fresh egg whites which was the first thing I noticed. Then when I proceeded to take my first bite I realized that there were hardly any veggies. For an omelette that costs $12.50 I was quite surprised. I sent it back and they made me another which did have more veggies but just lacked the delicious flavors I remember from my last visit. In addition the server did not bring bread back with my new omelette as she thought I didn't want any since I sent the bread back with the first order. I'm sorry, I like to enjoy warm bread when I'm eating my meal. Maybe they made a change in the kitchen? I'm not sure.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank parisigirl
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fresh good food, bad customer service”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really enjoy several things on Zada Jane's menu. The nachos are to die for with grilled vegetables and queso! yum...the sweet potato browns are delicious as a side. The french toast is great and the Clucker. BUT the service is horrible. I've ordered take out there several times and the server was very rude everytime I've been there to pick up my order or make an order. She was friendly with other people while I was ignored and treated poorly. Then they forgot to give me black beans for my nachos which made the dish not as filling. Unfortunately my last experience 2 weeks ago has led me to think I will not patronize this restaurant again because of this last visit.

• Visited August 2012
“One of my favorites!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Zada Janes is one of our favorite weekend breakfast spots in Charlotte. A few weeks ago I had lunch there with a few girlfriends and we loved it! I had the Hummus Frummus Salad which was just great! Fresh, healthy and delicious. My friends had two difference wrap and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Visited July 2012