“Excellent food and personalized service!!!!!”
Review of Tria Terra - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carmel Commons Road
Charlotte, NC
“Excellent food and personalized service!!!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

WOW! Everything we ate here was perfect, from the first bite to the last!!! My husband and I went for lunch and had a wonderful experience. Lunch specials are $6.99 and include your choice of a bowl of soup or a salad, and choice of main dish of either fish, meat, or pasta. I chose the soup (lentil) which was a huge bowl (not a cup) of the best lentil soup I've ever eaten. My husband had a delicious mesclun salad. For the main dish, I had a pork chop covered with mushrooms and a side dish of freshly-made pasta. My husband had the pasta dish, which he greatly enjoyed. Everything was perfectly seasoned and delicious. Even though we were stuffed, we ordered desserts - chocolate mouse and the creme Catalan. They were both out of this world! The waiter was attentive but didn't hover. The owner and chef, Patricio, came out and spoke to us. They use the best ingredients and make everything in-house, including the pasta, ravioli, gnocchi, and decadent desserts. On Wednesdays evenings, they have live music and bottles of wine are 1/2 price. We'll be there next Wednesday to listen to Flamenco music and enjoy another great meal!

charl;otte
“I would not return.”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Just went there for lunch. There were two of us in a mostly empty restaurant. We were forced to sit at a table for two although I asked for a table for four in the corner. We ate lunch while 18 tables or so sat empty. Ridiculous. Even when I mentioned the restaurant was near empty, no change.
We must have been asked by the waitress four times if we wanted to order while we were sipping wine and chatting, trying to relax.. Inconsiderate. I asked for a refill of my coffee--that refill cost an additional $2.50!!!
Many more restaurants in Charlotte-skip this one.

charlotte
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We have been here 3 times and each time we have enjoyed our meal. The menu is very interesting and unique. The service is really good and the owner is very involved with everything so you can tell they care. Try this place for a date night, you'll be pleasantly surprised! PS- We had the Paella on our last trip and it was great!

Charlotte NC
“We will be going back!”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My husband and I were somewhat hesitant about going to Tria Terra after reading some of the reviews and are very glad that we decided to go. We went on a Tuesday night and both the food and service were outstanding, the restaurant was not crowded and the servers seemed to understand the importance of the customers having a pleasant dining experience. They were not hovering over us but at the same time always seemed to be there when we needed a refill and seemed to be genuinely concerned that the food was to our satisfaction. The food did live up to our expectations and then some.

Charlotte
“Worst dining experience I have had in Charlotte”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I will have to say dining at Tria Terra was quite possibly the worst dining experience I have ever had. There were 5 ladies and we placed our order at 7:30 pm, our entrees did not arrive until almost 9 pm. The waiter messed up our salads and entrees as well as beverage orders, we were considering just leaving and he kept telling us our food would be right out. Had the place been packed there would have been more understanding but besides our table, there were only 2 other tables with 2 people in the place. So we finally get our food, sub par in my opinion. At this point we are just happy to have food in front of us. So when it comes time to pay the bill, the waiter was asked to bring us separate checks. He came back with a register tape and told us we all owed $21 each. We tried to explain that each lady wanted to pay for her meal separate, some of us had salads and more expensive meals, others did not. He refused to let each woman pay for her meal, after further review of the bill, we found that he added 20% GRATUITY to our bill! He told us that we HAD to pay the same amount or wait until after the placed closed so he could fix it in the computer. We ended up giving him cash for the amount with out the tip and will NEVER EVER go back to this place again.