“impeccable view and delicious food”
Review of Bentley's on 27

Bentley's on 27
Ranked #171 of 2,465 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have been to Bentley's many, many times and have had great experiences. The service is beyond top-notch. The view is one of the best in Charlotte- you will not be disappointed. Agree with others that the food is very "old-school" so you are not looking at cutting-edge gastronomy or anything. They do the classics to perfection so keep that in mind when ordering. The servings are quite generous- I would recommend skipping the salad course- not only are they nothing exceptional, but the appetizers and main courses are more than enough. Go, enjoy the food and some nice classic cuisine.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I made reservations here 2 months in advance as part of a larger well-thought out plan for my first anniversary. The plans included, among other things, a play uptown and everything needed to be planned for flow, time, and location.

They called me two days before my anniversary to tell me they were canceling my reservations because another guest asked to increase the size of her party and the manager said to me "as 2 people we saw your table as the first to go."

I now had only 2 days to re-plan my anniversary after taking the effort to plan far in advance and relied on them to my detriment that my plans were secure. I spoke to the hostess who then referred to me the manager. At first I was not angry. I was disappointed. The manager offered to make me a reservation for the following week (obviously not my anniversary). I explained to him twice how this was affecting me and what I planned for my anniversary and he again offered to make a reservation for another night.. and nothing else. I asked what about a gift card? What about a comped meal? This is not a slight fault on the manager's end and I was very offended to have my reservation for my anniversary cancelled so they could accommodate a larger party last minute.

They never offered me anything in consolation, refused to work with me, listen to me, or offer anything other than coming on another night to pay full price. He just kept repeating we will make you a reservation for Monday. I told him don't worry you don't need to make me another reservation I am sure I will never be coming. This treatment was low for a place that is supposed to be one of the most upscale restaurants in the city. Frankly it was horrific and should not go unpunished. I hope others know in the future how little they care for their customers and what little customer service they have even when they make a grave mistake which would have a huge negative consequence on a perspective client. Terrible management and service. Worse than what I would expect from an Applebees.

For perspective, 2 years ago when the Palm restaurant suffered a power outage, instead of calling people who had made reservations that night, they let them show up and had limos waiting for them to take them to any restaurant in Charlotte at the Palm's expense. That is beyond what it is expected from a high end establishment. And what I got was less than expected from a fast food chain. I hope anyone who reads this never goes there.

And if the manager ever reads this I hope you feel as bad as you should. Try business school.

In the end it was a blessing in disguise because we went to BLT Steak and it was fantastic and they did a lot for us for our anniversary and the service was spectacular. Aside from being on the Ground floor, just go to BLT instead.

9  Thank Joshua L
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A recent business dinner for 10 held here revealed Bentley's to be a great venue for entertaining out of town visitors. The view is wonderful. The service is old school club like steakhouse style. Overall the food is also very old school. Bourbon fired steak, prime rib and Oysters..etc. One of our group ordered bananas foster and they put on quite a show preparing it table side. I had the bourbon fired filet as my main and I must say it was delicious. Not a place to come too frequently but for a special occasion in Charlotte this is a very good choice.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Loved Bentley's on 27! Romantic restaurant with 360 degree views of Charlotte. The food was amazing as was the service! Will definately go there again (and again!).

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our group enjoyed a private dinner served in a room with a spectacular sunset view. The restaurant is situated on an upper floor of a high-rise building Both food and service were excellent. Bentley's is perfect for a special night out or a business dinner to impress a client.