“No costumer service, and the rooms where unbeliveablely nasty, do not go here.”

Charlotte Express Inn
Charlotte Express Inn
Ranked #168 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 1.5 days with my dog. On the second day after I had been walking him around already for a day half they asked me to leave cuz of my dog!!! Ya makes no sence and wouldn't refund my money eather. If you ask me go to the knights inn down the road same price and much better qualty for your money.

6  Thank Srslappy
CharlotteExpressInn, General Manager at Charlotte Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

We are sorry for the inconvience you had during your stay but as you no at the time of checkinn that Charlotte Express Inn is not a PET FRIENDLY hotel listed on the web site . And we have to request you to leave as per management policy, to keep up the policy .

There are newer reviews for Charlotte Express Inn

Reviewed March 19, 2010

VERY nasty rooms, rude owners, bugs ,bugs, bugs! I definately won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank rubbertoe1
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I would definitely stay here again. The rooms look like they have been recently renovated and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. After speaking to the onwers, I found out that this hotel has changed management a few months back and it really shows! The rooms are cheap and clean, and it is conveniently located off I-85.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TwitterLuv
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I paid for 1 weeks stay. The staff and management is so incompettent that after the first night the maids discarded everything I left in the room. I complained and they said the room I am staying in usually is rented nightly not weekly. For the next 4 days the maids never came to the room and I had no towels. Then when they finally came again they discarded all my things. Eye glasses, toiletties including a box of contact lenses and all my clothes. I complained to they owners and they tries to blame me saying take all your belongings with you and we are not responible for anything.

The room. Very noisy becuase it borders I-85. Overall moldy and musty smell. Sink and shower are clogged. Carpet is all grungy and nasty. A lot of prostitutes and drug dealing in area.

For $10 more dollars get off in Tyvola or University area for better name like Motel 6 or something.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank jeffnewman28208
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Just wanted to post that this is a great hotel to stay. The people where generous and very informational when trying to find my hotel room. If I visit Charlotte again rest assure I would come back to the Real Value Inn.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank yasmonia
Reviewed December 30, 2008

This was my third stay at Real Value Inn,I frequently go to Charlotte for business. This property has very compassionate staff & provides really a comfortable stay with clean rooms with inroom coffee maker,Refrigerator,Hair Dryer for a very reasonable price tag of $ 40.00 a night with a complimentary HOT BREAKFAST.
Very Close to down town,Airport & Interstate 85.
This Motel is suitable for for Economy looking guests with good clean comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sziena
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I took my son to wrestling at Charlotte Bobcat Areana and booked this room for two nights.
Let me list some of the things wrong
Lost my reservations so two people came knocking on the motel door wanting to know why I did not leave at check out time to kick me out. (Found reservations and made apology)
1 am girl knocking on door hollaring out some guys name to come out.
Beds you could feel springs and one bed had no flat sheet on it and the other had small holes in it.
Hair in the bathtub
breakfast - toast,coffee and hard brownies
pool closed and not in service
If I was in better $ shape would have took my son and found another motel. I very scary two nights but on the bright side my son loved the wrestling show. :o)
The motel does not even deserve a rating

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank goodfisher