“This place is Nasty!”

Ranked #164 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
pennsylvania
“This place is Nasty!”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

living in those rooms. Plus it was a really bad neighbor hood. Alot This place was so nasty that I wouldn't let my pets stay there. First of all the lock did not work on the door. The carpet was so dirty and smelled like mildew. The outlets didn't work so you couldn't plug in the hair dryer that was provided. The cracks between the tiles on the bathroom floor and in the shower were black and moldy. The towels were way over used and were yellow instead of white. There was no sheets on the bed! A fitted sheet and a comforter that was black on the back side. The side that would be touching your body! There was a gap under the door that you could see right outside. The gap was about 2in big. Anything could be of people loitering around the building. The pics on the internet do not even come close to what it looks like. We were checked in for 1hr until I found another place to stay. Do not stay here. Trust me, pay the extra money for a nicer place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kartchick

Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2007

My stay at the Real Value Inn was not quite as I had expected. I will say that the clerks "reduced" cost of 30.00 per night should had been a real warning for me. They stated they had 90 rooms but could only let me have either the old managers room (where the manager lived) or the room I took. At that time the room looked clean with no signs of odors.
The hotel stated it has refrigderators in every room, they had to find one for me that worked. They also stated they had microwaves in every room, again they had to locate one for me. When I got to the room after working all day, the room felt cool. However, by 1000pm the air stopped working. By 1am I was miserable. I finally fell asleep as I had to be up by 5am. When I turned the lights on, I found roaches on my bed!! I ran to the shower only to have cold water..and left. This was a very bad experience for a hotel.

• Liked — the distance to my place of business
  • Disliked — the overall experience
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ddbristow
Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Rodeway Inn Charlotte \ Downtown
Super 8 Charlotte Downtown Area
Super 8 Charlotte Downtown Area
#109 of 178 in Charlotte
Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport

Been to Charlotte Express Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Charlotte Express Inn

Property: Charlotte Express Inn
Address: 1240 Lucky Penny St, Charlotte, NC 28208-2314 (Formerly Real Value Inn)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Ranked #164 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2 star — Charlotte Express Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charlotte Express Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Charlotte Express Hotel Charlotte