All reviews south park mall front desk outdoor courtyard great hotel the club lounge within walking distance shopping and restaurants business meeting every staff member definitely stay here again upon check parking garage great customer service bed was very comfortable enjoyed my stay danny southpark
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

Stayed here as a family of four after a day at Carrowinds...great location and several restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Clean and good sized room. Staff was pleasant and parking was free.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
JimG2200Rexford, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear AmyDF,

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of our hotel. I hope you and your family enjoyed your day at Carowinds theme park; and are so happy that you allowed us this opportunity to serve as your host.

Now that you are in the know about all there is to do in SouthPark, we hope to see you back again on your next visit to Charlotte!

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is very nice. Rooms were as expected. Good location for our needs. As a Marriott platinum elite member, I was not recognized as such nor upgraded and no receive a free gift. I didn’t expect an upgrade. It did not affect my stay, but was noticed esp with their gifts behind the front desk clerk as I checked in. We were not directed to the elevators which were not readily visible. I figured it out after getting to the meeting rooms. I’d give check in a barely passing grade as it was not the typical Marriott check in experience

My main concerns are always cleanliness & comfort. This hotel provided that. Good location for our needs. I would book there again.

Date of stay: May 2019
JimG2200Rexford, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear starketcher,

Please accept my apologies for your disappointment with your arrival experience on this occasion. I appreciate your feedback as a valued Platinum Elite member and understand that this is not the type of experience you would expect at a Renaissance hotel.

I am happy that you found your room both clean and comfortable; and am delighted to hear that you would book here again. We would welcome another opportunity to serve as your host and better your experience upon arrival.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We had a business meeting here and were extremely impressed. The front desk staff were excellent and the staff in the meeting room areas were wonderful. The food we had for breakfast, lunch and dinner were great. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JimG2200Rexford, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear bbmari0n,

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a positive review of your experience at our hotel during your recent meeting at our location.

I will pass your favorable review along to all of our staff, especially to our Chef who will welcome your feedback about the food during your event.

We are all so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a future opportunity to serve as your host- whether for a business meeting or for pleasure!

Reviewed April 3, 2019

We have stayed here many times before and after the renovation. The new rooms are lovely but the real reason we go back is because of the warm welcome we always get from Danny at the front door and Luann in the club lounge and dinning room. Will return whenever we are in Charlotte.

Room tip: Get a room on 4th or 6th floor,that's where the ice machines are.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
JimG2200Rexford, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Dear Sunny844,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our associates Danny and Luann. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass your comments along to them.

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel the next time you are in Charlotte and are thrilled that because of Danny and Luann, you now consider us your home away from home!

Reviewed March 30, 2019

I love the location of this hotel, I was there for business, but it is close to great shopping, businesses and dining. The staff was great, they were just putting the final touches on a remodel, my first room was still being painted. Rooms have been updated with modern touches, more like a W. My room was large and clean, bathroom was huge. It was well lit with good desk space and a huge television.

I use the gym at every property and this one is above average. It was clean and well appointed. The only 2 dings would be the weird block mirror in front of the weights and they need better drainage to the pool entry and the workout floor was wet.

The indoor pool looked nice, I did not use it but others were there and they seemed to be satisfied. It was clean.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JimG2200Rexford, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear orlickg,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our location is convenient for you for business; and I appreciate your very kind remarks about our newly renovated rooms and our staff.

I also appreciate your feedback about the mirror in the fitness center - and the drainage in this area. I will keep these suggestions in mind when we upgrade this area.

On behalf of all of our associates, we value your responses and look forward to seeing you back on a future visit to Charlotte!