“Amazing hotel.... but noisy, noisy!”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
New Orleans, LA
“Amazing hotel.... but noisy, noisy!”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

This hotel is absolutely amazing - clean, updated, reasonably priced and close to lots of fun stuff - unless you mind losing sleep.
The room I was in faced an interior courtyard/restaurant rather than the exterior - sort of reminded me of an Embassy Suites.
If I ever decide to stay here again, I'll check to see if they have any exterior facing rooms...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
SC
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This was actually the second time that I stayed at this hotel. I had a lot going on the first time around that actually prevented me from "enjoying" the stay, so I decided to try it again. I was not disappointed at all!! The rates were amazing to say that it was in the Southpark area, and the hotel was nothing short of wonderful. When I arrived, the doorman was very attentive and helpful, check-in was very efficient, and the hotel itself was gorgeous. Everything that I asked for was immediately received, and they even printed off directions to local restaurants that I inquired about. The bed was one of the best that I've experienced away from home, and the room was beautifully decorated, yet intimate at the same time. I will definitely be back as often as I can. I've never written a review before but I wanted to make sure to spread the word about how great my stay was. Thanks Renaissance!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Recently returned from a shopping trip to Charlotte and stayed at this hotel in a great location next to South Park Mall. Excellent staff, friendly service, clean and comfortable room, surprisingly good restaurant....definitely would stay here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I travel a lot for business and have visited a lot of hotels, as you can read from my reviews. I have to say that this hotel has THE most comfortable beds that I have been in. The rooms are absolutely huge and have a nice real hardwood entrance with newly decorated interiors. The floor that I was on was considered the "concierge" floor that provided upgraded ammenities (AVEDA toiletries that were replenished daily) and complimentary bottled water (that they did not replenish during my stay)., The room also had a mini-fridge.

The people that work at this hotel are top notch. From the valet who was personable and funny as all get out (I didn't park my car but was dropped off and he opened my door) to the front desk gal (who in the morning arranged for a car service to take me to the airport), to the guy that opens the door for you when you walk in and out - the service was TOP NOTCH.

I would recommend this hotel for a business or leisure traveler. Make sure you ask for a corporate rate if you are traveling on business.

There are a ton of restaurants around this area that while aren't really walking distance when its cold (maybe 1/2 mile at the most), are certainly convenient. There is also a mall right across the street. Airport is about 15-20 minutes away.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Amanda L
Winston Salem North Carolina
Reviewed January 16, 2010

My husband and I spent one night with two children at the Renaissance. It's in a great location - directly across from South Park Mall - and is nice overall . The rooms are well decorated and the public areas (lobby, dining, bar, indoor pool and workout facility are nice.) The breakfast inclusive rate is worth it, especially with children - there's a generous buffet and you can also order omelettes and waffles along with the buffet. Every staff member went above and beyond - the service was close to what I usually find at a Ritz Carlton.

However it's not perfect - the bathroom was fairly clean, but not spotless, and the beds were too soft for our taste. The double/double rooms are small, and we had a room close to the elevator and vending which was extremely noisy.

Since it was so reasonable ($109 including breakfast for the 4 of us), I'd recommend it, but I'd ask for a room away from the elevator, or perhaps try a suite for about the same price at the other Renaissance near the airport/coliseum.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank LettsB
London, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2010

The front desk people were very helpful. My luggage did not arrive and they made sure I had everything I needed to get by. One annoyance happened when we asked for a taxi for the second time and they called an executive car instead. We were reassured that it was the same as a taxi but the driver tried to charge us more than twice what the cab had the day before. When we returned to the hotel and mentioned the issue the hotel refunded the difference in price.

The restaurant in the hotel was OK but inconsistent. One day we had to eat in the bar even though there were people at tables in the restaurant part. The next day they seated us as far from the bar section as they could.

The South Park Mall is right across the road with lots of good shopping.

The decor is a bit weird.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank London154
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this hotel yet! We have family in Charlotte and visit 3-4 times a year. This has become our standby hotel over the past 5 years or so. We typically secure a great rate (as low as $79 sometimes), it's close to family, shopping and restaurants, and the recent refurb makes this hotel a treat to return to. The staff is always friendly, from the front desk to the housekeepers. I love the beds and the stylish rooms.

If you're visiting Charlotte, I don't think you can go wrong with the Renaissance. We've stayed there so many times, and have always enjoyed it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple