Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
  • Room Service
$129
$139
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
All reviewssouth park mallfront deskoutdoor courtyardinfused watergreat hotelthe concierge loungeclub levelwithin walking distancefitness centershopping and restaurantsfire pitcorner roombusiness meetingcoffee makerupon checkparking garagedanny
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Every employee I came into contact with was very friendly.

We had a double room. It came with iron, ironing board, hair dryer, HUGE shower head which I loved, a fridge, coffee maker.

It's right across the street from a mall... I think South Park Mall although I could be wrong. That mall is with in walking distance. There are several resteraunts/bars with in walking distance.

The pool is large, indoor & the gym is really nice. There's also a sauna which my kids & I used to warm up after getting out of the pool.

There's salt scrub in the bathrooms...nice touch I thought. Yes they have the salt scrub at the front for purchase.

There's an outdoor area with a fire pit too.

Cons.... $12.95 charge for internet/per day!

BEWARE.... the charge is added to your final bill. if you're not careful or your kids are not careful you will have this charge. JUST FYI

Stayed: August 2014
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of your very kind comments about our staff and facility. Please take the opportunity before your next visit to sign up for the Marriott Rewards program. This is a free process and all Marriott Rewards member receive complimentary Internet at our hotel. We hope to see you back with us in the near future!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed a couple of nights for a concert and a belated anniversary weekend. We were overjoyed when we arrived at our room on the second floor with an awesome balcony overlooking the fountain and lobby area. I believe Raina and Tyler are to thank for the special room. They were wonderful! We loved staying there and hope to return sometime. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

On behaf of our entire staff, we are delighted to hear about your wonderful stay at the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark. We appreciate all of your very kind comments, especially those about Raina and Tyler at our reception area. I will be sure to pass your sentiments along to them and we are all looking forward to seeing you back at our hotel to celebrate your next happy occasion!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

After staying at the Raleigh Renaissance, I expected to have a relaxing experience. Unfortunately, the South Park property hasn't been renovated and is very dated. In addition, when checking into the hotel I was disappointed that the staff took so long to check me in. Overall, it maybe decent for families with kids. But given the price, I think there are many better options.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank eugenialyn
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

We appreciate you having a commitment to Renaissance Hotels but are sorry to hear that we did not meet expectations. We will use these comments to work with our Front Desk Ambassadors so they may be prompt and accommodating while serving guests. We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The rooms were good size and the beds were great. Everyone was very nice and helpful. The area is quite suburban and nearby restaurants are fine. If you are in the south park area it is a fine choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

We value your recommending our hotel for the SouthPark area. It is great to know that you had such an enjoyable time with us and that you found the beds to your liking. We hope to have future opportunities of hosting you!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here during a layover in Charlotte. It is just across the street (5 min wallk) to Southpark mall. It was a good night stay. We didn't have trouble with the self park. My bf forgot to pack his toothbrush and luckily the hotel provided new toothbrush. The free in room wifi might have just been free bc we signed up for a Marriot account (free).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

We’re happy to hear that your one night with us was enjoyable. We understand that things sometimes get lost or forgotten while traveling so it’s great to know that our Ambassadors were able to provide the necessary toiletries. You were right about the WiFi, our Marriott Rewards members do receive complimentary WiFi and it is free to sign up for. We hope you have the opportunity of staying with us for longer than one night on your next visit!