“Excellent Service From Danny”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #24 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Danny was very attentive, courteous and immediately made my the start of my stay at this hotel enjoyable. We wanted to talk a walk during the evening so Danny suggested that we walk over to the Village Tarven, enjoy a light meal while listening to some music on the outside patio (Great Suggestion). Danny's personality and professionalism is an excellent example of what's need in the service industry.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip A
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to appreciate Danny’s attentiveness and professionalism. He is a great asset to our team and I’ll be sure to share your review with him. We’re happy to hear that you were able to explore some of the SouthPark area during your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

After staying in several other Charlotte hotels over the years, this is our new favorite. The front desk service was friendly and welcoming at check-in (I think his name was Pete). Each afternoon there were complementary beverages in the lobby, including merlot the first day and champagne the second.

The Renaissance is a beautiful hotel, especially the first floor lobby area. Perhaps because the weather was a bit on the cool side, the hallways and bar/restaurant seemed quite cold... especially as you walk from the hallway into the elevator lobby on the fourth floor. The blast of air from above was annoying.

There is a nice size fitness room with five treadmills and several elliptical machines. I never had trouble getting a machine in the morning. One minor quibble... the TVs didn't seem to work on all the treadmills, or perhaps I just couldn't figure out how to make them work! There was a small pool (which we didn't use), and a large atrium with rocking chairs (which we did use).

We had a large corner room (454) with two comfortable armchairs, a hassock, and a coffee table... perfect for two people. We like that the room was at the end of the hall, especially since there were some noisy people on our floor the second night of our stay... including some bozo who accidentally sent Champagne and chocolate covered pretzels to our room at 11:00 PM. I was a little annoyed that the room service waiter did not apologize for the late night intrusion... he just sort of backed away and left.

Room service for breakfast was tasty, and I thought reasonably priced for room service. I probably would have added a tip to the bill, but there was no space to do so... may I suggest modifying the printout to allow for that option when service is especially good?

The Renaissance is located in a great area with many restaurants and Charlotte's upscale Southpark mall.

As I mentioned above, we like this hotel better than any others we've tried in Charlotte, including most recently the Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City, and the Ballantyne Hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

It’s always a special treat to discover that we’ve become a “favorite” hotel for a guest as well traveled in Charlotte as yourself. Thank you for that positive review, along with your suggestions for how to improve. I do apologize for the room service mix up at such a late hour but appreciate your understanding. I’ll share your comments with our kitchen about how much you enjoyed the breakfast and work towards a solution for the crowded bill. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

You know the service is great when your stay has been well over a month and I'm compelled to write my experience. GM-Kris Horacek... What can I say? INCREDIBLE! I was searching for a good hotel but reasonable price in Charlotte for a pretty busy weekend. Within my search I find Renaissance South Park with an unbelievable rate. I was skeptical because of the luxurious photo that popped and I wasn't familiar with the South Park area,. I called a friend in Charlotte and was informed that the area is very nice but she wasn't familiar with that hotel. I read several reviews and everyone was complimenting Danny. I was a little nervous because most of the hotels were booked in the city and I had a major client that I was traveling with and needed something that matched his taste. i called in advance to make specific arrangements and needed a call back. I was assured my needs would be met and I didn't get the call back which made me nervous. The car service pulled up to the hotel and I was amazed it exceeded the photo. I asked who was Danny and there he was at the front door assisting everyone. When I checked in they new I was arriving and had all my requirements met. I struck up a conversation with a woman in the lobby and explained to her my trepidation about the hotel and how pleased I was upon my arrival. The service and staff was incredible. I asked who's the GM that runs this place and she said I'm Kris Horacek the GM. We shared a good laugh but I was amazed of her hands on work during such a major weekend. There she was in the front meeting and greeting people, seeing that the needs were being met. Oh... And the food is great too! Major shout out to Kris Horacek. GM extraordinaire! .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TerkStevens

Thank you for that amazing review! It is great to hear that you took a chance to visit our hotel with knowing little to nothing about us or the area and how much you ended up enjoying yourself. It was such a treat getting to meet you and hearing how impressed you were with our property. Our dedicated staff provides high quality service, allowing us to be such a success. We look forward to having you return for another delightful stay!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Renaissance for a long weekend as we did the necessary shopping before her wedding. The location is fantastic, right at SouthPark Mall, and convenient to stores and restaurants all over town. The room was very comfortable and well-maintained and the noise from two wedding parties in-house did not disturb us at all. We especially enjoyed the Sunday morning brunch at the lobby restaurant and took our time as we reviewed all the wedding plans that had been made.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for adult travelers and those wishing to spend a lot of time shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LibbyC1953
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

It is great to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed the long weekend of shopping and taking advantage of our great location in the SouthPark area. We appreciate your review on our guest rooms and the noise control from the two wedding parties; it’s always ideal to know that our guest remained undisturbed during those times. Thank you for your comments on our brunch and we’re glad that you were able to iron out all the wedding details as well. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went with three friends for a girl's weekend and this place was perfect.

Plush beds, a nice amount of space, nice hot showers, and our room had a balcony over the lobby of the hotel that was great for the evenings. We borrowed a bottle opener one evening, which they had right on hand (thank you!)

My absolute only complaint was that the bathroom didn't have a vent fan, so it got REALLY fogged up when we were showering. Not the end of the world by any means, but a little inconvenient.

Room Tip: If I were ever traveling again, I'd try for one of those rooms with a balcony. They were lovely...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sasha S

We are honored to have been the location for your girl’s weekend and that you enjoyed your room with the balcony so much. As for the bathroom without the fan, I’ll be sure to share this issue with our engineering department and see if there is anything we can do to improve the temperature after someone showers. We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and happy to hear that your weekend was such a success!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is a great value. It is located conveniently to the South Park area. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. One of the valets, Danny, took great care of us on any car needs. I would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Charlotte North Carolina at anytime.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for recommendation of our hotel, we truly appreciate it. Danny is an asset to our team and it’s always great to see our ambassadors receive recognition from our guests, I’ll be sure to share your review with him. We hope you have the opportunity to return for another visit soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have stayed at this property several times when visiting Charlotte. Excellent accommodations, excellent staff, excellent location for walking to great restaurants and shopping and excellent concierge lounge. Everyone here goes the extra mile! Thank you Morgan at front desk for upgrade. Thank you to Danny the bellman for retrieving my husband 's misplaced bag! Danny's friendliness is a delight for your first greeting upon arrival. Everyone here puts a smile on your face! Thank you for another great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B

Thank you for taking time to share the great experiences you continue to have while staying with us. I will be sure to share your review with Morgan and Danny as they are devoted Ambassadors at our hotel and will appreciate your recognition. We look forward to the next opportunity of hosting you at our hotel and continuing to impress you.