“Relaxing Weekend”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Easter weekend at this hotel was a delight. All staff members were cheerful, helpful, respectful and interested in making our experience a great one. Our room was a larger King with a seating area, very adequate closet, small bath and a very comfortable bed. The room could have had more overhead lighting especially in the foyer and a larger bath area but otherwise was tastefully decorated, had plenty of windows and a nice television arrangement along with refrigerator etc. The fitness area and pool complex are well equipped, clean, and inviting. The little touches such as cupcakes and chardonnay in the lobby, great cookies in the lobby and excellent bell service all added to the experience. The concierge lounge was open for breakfast on the weekend and made the experience special.

Room Tip: Higher floors and rooms facing the SouthPark Mall are best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James C
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your Easter weekend with us, thank you for choosing our property! We appreciate hearing reviews on all the details of our hotel and how much our guests enjoy things from the welcome amenity and guest rooms to our tasty breakfast in the concierge lounge. We hope to have another opportunity to further impress you!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is fantastic. I was there for a wedding weekend and it was perfect. It was large enough to hold 100 people from out of town and still not over run the place. I believe there were several functions going on that weekend but you would never know and the service never suffered for it.

Service is top notch for the value of the hotel. Price is really pretty great for the level of service and attention provided. All staff is extremely accommodating and overly helpful.

I stayed in the club level which was nice, but different from other club levels I have stayed at before. Typically I have experienced that the club lounge is in the club levels and only accessible by a room key. Here the club rooms are on the top floor, but the lounge is down a hallway on the first floor tucked away. If I had not have asked, I am sure I wouldn't have found it.

The only other thing that was not ideal was the bar/cafe hours. They are both closed from 2-4:30. I was working from the hotel room and wanted to grab a bite but not leave the hotel, I went down around 2:30 and was out of luck. I was able to go back to my room and order room service, but I was looking to get out of my room so that was a little let down. This is my only real gripe.

The hotel is updated and. A little funky. Decor is trendy and colorful but not cheesy. The bar is great and so is the atrium and outdoor patio.

This is a very large hotel, but parking was still fairly painless surprisingly.

The rooms are not large, but not too small and well appointed. Beds are very comfortable and inviting. I was also pleased to have a mini fridge.

All in all we had a fantastic weekend and the hotel was amazing. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank caroline m

Thank you for that great review on all aspects of our hotel. We appreciate you recognizing our skilled staff and we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the wedding weekend. I do apologize for the closed hours of our restaurant but glad to know you were still able to get some food without having to leave the property. Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel and we hope to have another opportunity of hosting you in the future!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Went to Carowinds with my son and stayed the night here Friday. EVERYONE made me feel like a member of the family. The two doormen really set the tone. The hostess at the lounge helped with a lot of random questions I had and did so with a warm smile. Beds are comfy. Breakfast was incredible. Fresh Starbucks when u step off elevator in morning. The only request was more chairs and towels in pool area. Had to sit on wet ground while son played in pool. Would come back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Summer W

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! It’s great to read how much you enjoyed our Ambassadors, breakfast and amenities. I’ll share you suggestion for more chairs and towels with our staff in hopes we can further accommodate our guests. We hope you and your son enjoyed your trip to Carowinds and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The staff and the accommodations were pretty great, fabulous even. Everyone was sooo
nice and knowledgeable about the city of Charlotte. The room was clean and the hotel bar and lobby so beautiful and inviting. A nice touch with the infused water in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

We’re happy to that our Ambassadors were so helpful and how impressive you found our amenities and property in general. We hope you’ll come to visit again!

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. It is the best in Charlotte. Clean! This trip, the kids used the indoor pool which was great. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. The bar area is always lively in the evening. It is just overall a very unique and pristine hotel. It is my first choice in the South Park area ...

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank FunTravelingAround

Thank you for that great review on our hotel. We’re happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and honored to be your first choice in the SouthPark area!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have stayed at many Hotels and your staff is wonderful! Especially I have to give great props to Danny the Doorman and services. He is so connected with the guests and he was not only like this too us but I saw him with all the people! He si a great addition to your staff and makes the stay that much more pleasant! Tank you Danny! Keep up the good work!

Randy T.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Randy T
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We truly appreciate reviews that brag on our ambassadors and I know Danny will enjoy your review as well. He is a great asset to our staff and is amazing with our guests. We hope you find a reason to return for another visit soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The staff was excellent. Very clean place and smells amazing. The bar and restaurant are great. I recommend staying in a room with a balcony. I will definitely stay again on my next visit to Charlotte.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SCchick79

Thank you for that great overall review of our hotel. It is wonderful to know that our guests enjoy every aspect of our hotel. We’ll be waiting for your return!