“Office Global Conference”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #24 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My company held there Global Leadership Conference at this hotel. 100+ people, some local, most from overseas gathering in Charlotte, NC to discuss the company's business on a global level.
First off let me say that the first person that I met as I pulled up to the hotel was the bellman Danny, very nice and respectful and most of all helpful and kind. He helped me with my luggage from the car to my room. Amy and Raina at the front desk were always very helpful every time I needed something. I had been dealing with Jenni in events leading up to my arrival to the hotel and she was always more than helpful, quick to respond to all of my requests via phone or email. Just the best! James in banquet catering and his staff (Jason and Kevin), were also amazing, I never was in need or want for anything. They really made sure that all of the members of the company were well taken care of. Regina, Carlos, Danielle and Jeffrey, the servers and bartenders were also always on point, if one of our meetings ended early, they quickly adjusted so that we never ever had to wait for a meal or snack or coffee break. Jessica and Lisa in reservations were also amazing and patient, we had to make so many changes and additions to the room reservations and they always were willing and able and quick to make the necessary changes.
All in all our event was a total success because of the AMAZING staff at this hotel. I would advise anyone looking to hold a corporate event, wedding, party, etc., to look into this hotel, you will not be disappointed.
Before I forget, the rooms were also nice and clean and the chambermaids always kept my room nice and clean and tidy and always well stocked.
Regina, Carlos, Danielle and Jeffrey (servers & bartenders), James, Jason and Kevin (Banquets), Amy, Raina (front desk) and Jessica and Lisa in reservations...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR MAKING AN EVENT TRULY AMAZING, AWESOME AND SEAMLESS

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Evelyn and Corey are amazing and are the soul of this hotel rooslms were great and food was great also breakfast was awesome. The hotel is very clean and the concierge provides great feedback

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am 99% satisfied with this hotel and the stay. Was here as opposed to the South Park Marriott and the Double Tree owing to high demand at those hotels on this particular trip.

Check-in was very fast and efficient. The public areas are wonderfully appointed and quite inviting. My room was on the fourh floor and although it was right near the elevator, I barely noticed any of the sounds that you usually hear in a elevator common area.

Sleep quality was better than most hotels Ive stayed at with a generous amount of pillows and comfortable sheets and mattress.

The bathroom actually had a decent bath tub which I like and the lighting was ample.

Concierge service was helpful - guiding us to not only a good restaurant experience but also arranging for a car service for us to the CLT airport.

My ONLY complaint on this hotel is the overperfuming in the lobby/atrium area. It was -strong- and the two coworkers who were with me both noticed the same thing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The entire Staff was very professional but one individual was exceptional. His name is Danny Miller at the front door. He was friendly, very professional, courteous and helpful in all aspects. I really looked forward to our each encounter. He was quick to help with bags, retrieve our vehicle from valet, offer advice on routing and eating places. He is truly awesome so thank you!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for your great review on Danny, I will be sure to pass along your comments to him. We appreciate hearing how helpful our Ambassadors are and look forward to the next opportunity of hosting you and your family.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I used to work in Charlotte about 10 years ago and flew back and forth weekly from DC. The company I worked for at the time had a contract with Hyatt and this is where I stayed. So imagine my surprise when I arrived and found out this was my old home away from home. But Marriott has done wonders in renovating and making it their own. Hotel is right across the street from Southpark Mall, some of the best shopping in Charlotte. The staff at the front desk is wonderful and called me by name every time I'd walk past. Rooms are spotless and there's no sign of The Hyatt Touch. I highly recommend as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank romadaro

It is great to hear from a past guest of the Hyatt that appreciates the changes we have made. Thank you for your kind words about how our hotel has developed and great service our Hosts provided you during your stay. We hope you will have more opportunities to come visit us again!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed for global conference , check was so pleasant , the delightful Amy commented that As I was staying for 5nights I was family.. Such a lovely comment and started my stay .

The hotel is walking distance to a great shopping mall and restaurants. The rooms are large and modern.

The staff are all wonderful, each one making my stay lovely. Adeline and Howard who served breakfast so efficiently were great, Amy and the girls on counter were lovely and the wonderful Danny on the door each evening. His greetings and customer service was simply exceptional he remembered me each night and had a friendly hello and small chat that made my stay here special.

Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2014

It is delightful to hear that we made your work trip so pleasant. I appreciate knowing how much you enjoyed Amy and Danny at the front desk, along with Adeline and Howard in the restaurant; I’ll be sure to share your review with them. While we know business trips may not always be the most exciting thing, we’re happy to know that you enjoyed everything our hotel, Hosts and great location had to offer.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and our 7 month old stayed here last weekend and had an amazing time. The rooms were big, beautiful, and very clean. The hotel staff was incredibly nice. The building itself is very beautiful. Breakfast was delicious and worth the upgrade pricing. We took our baby for her first time in the pool. The pool was warm and very clean. We had nothing but a wonderful experience. There were cookies in the lobby and spa water. Nice touch. The bed was very comfortable, didn't have any noise problems, and the water pressure in the shower was good. We will definitely be back for another trip. Love that it was across the street from the mall, and a couple of our favorite restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We enjoy helping our guests experience special memories and appreciate you sharing one of your baby’s firsts with us! Thank you for recognizing all our hotel has to offer from the room sizes and indoor pool, to our welcome amenities of cookies and flavored water in the lounge. We look forward to your next visit with us and continuing to impress you!