“Amazing Service. Gorgeous Public Spaces”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed there or a quick getaway to celebrate our twentieth wedding anniversary. The staff, knowing from the reservation comments, the purpose of our trip went above and beyond for us (in observing the staff with other guests, the staff treated everyone with the utmost respect and kindness). They gave us access to the Club Lounge, and treated us like we were the most important guests of the day. The valet to the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the Club Lounge attendant - everyone was so kind and helpful. I've traveled extensively, and I must state that this is among the best customer service that I've ever had - great staff. The public spaces are wonderful. The outdoor courtyard with it's fountain and fire pit, lit trees and comfortable layout was SO inviting as was the indoor adjacent bar and public gathering area. The only not positive comment that I could make is that the rooms need a bit of a color palette update, however, this in no way would prevent me from staying there again. The bed was absolutely luscious and the room was extremely clean. You can't go wrong with a stay at this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank micd5522

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I loved this hotel! My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and this hotel was the highlight of the weekend. From the time we got out of the car we were greeted warmly by the valet. The front desk staff was amazing, friendly, fun, and professional. Especially Raina. The entire hotel smells so refreshing and the decor is modern and vibrant.
We stayed on the 7th floor in the executive suite. The only word to describe the room is amazing! It was very clean, had an awesome view of the city from the balcony. The furniture in the sitting area was nice. And the bed was very comfortable. But the best thing in the room was the shower! I spent an hour in the shower and only got out because my husband forced me too. We enjoyed breakfast in the club lounge that was pretty good.

We will definitely be coming back to stay here again the next time we are in Charlotte.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Rehshetta W
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a good hotel for business travelers with some minor cons.

I wish there had been a coffee shop on premises or nearby, as well as a pharmacy. The mall across the street has premium stores and an easy walk, though. The location is also about 20 minutes south of downtown, so if you plan on going out at night or seeing cultural attractions you're going to need a car or be willing to pay about $36-$40 each way. Aside from a less than central location, if you are working in Southpark or attending an event in the hotel it will be a very comfortable experience. There staff were very hospitable and accommodating. The hotel had a good gym, and a nice central garden with a firepit, rocking chairs and trees.

I would recommend this hotel to business travelers, but I would keep in mind the distance from downtown and how necessary a car is for navigating around Charlotte.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was fantastic. From the valet to the front desk they were wonderful.

When I checked in I was greeted by the front desk staff and I was asked if I'd like a glass of wine. Umm, yes please. That has never happened at any Marriott that I've stayed at and I stay at a lot of them.

On my departure I had to leave something at the front desk for a customer to pick up later. Peter made sure that he handled the request and told me he would keep the item on his desk until my customer came to pick it up.

The location is great and you can walk to a bunch of restaurants and shopping. Very cool , hip part of Charlotte.

I will be back for sure!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel along with several family members for a wedding. The staff was great, especially the bartender and the front desk staff. Room was very comfortable although it would have been better to have two queen sized beds instead of double beds. But the room had all the amenities we needed. Great stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stay here on business in Charlotte and like the proximity to South Park Mall across the street and local restaurants. You could walk to all these sites. As for hotel the staff is very attentive, attractive lounge/bar, comfortable beds "typical Renaissance", and plenty of outdoor lounges to sit at.

Room Tip: Not close to a highway so any room in high floor is good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Quick weekend trip to Charlotte. Due to Marriott promotion and recent stay at Renaissance in Philadelphia, I gave this location a whirl. The location across from SouthPark Mall is very ideal. Close to everything and plenty of restaurants nearby. This is a very nice hotel. The parking and ease of getting to room was my issue. However, only one side of parking was accessible to guests near the front door. The other side was blocked off for valet. So the other options are in the back, which includes loading dock, (not appealing to single female after dark) or parking garage, which means walking thru hallway with meeting rooms and ballroom. It was ok walk with no luggage, but a pain with bags. Now the room - the bed was super comfortable. TV had nice selection of channels from brief time I spent flipping thru them. The shower was lovely, nice amount of pressure. My room was near the venting machine. However, not a lot of noise traveled into the room. Nice place for one night, but next time, I may try the Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo