“Average”

Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Dallas, Texas
“Average”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't know why I'm not fully satisfied with this place. The interior of hotel public space and room to me was nice and updated. I like how they provide a small toothpaste and love the aveeda toiletries, the staff were friendly. I did however find it difficult to find the property. It was raining heavily, I was exhausted and the property is near a mall near office buildings. I hope other guests won't get lost the way I did. I only stayed a total of 8 hours. I left by 6:30 AM hurrying to get home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Washington DC
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I couldn't be happier with the hotel for our weekend trip to Charlotte. We were planning on just spending a single night before continuing our trip to Raleigh but loved the hotel so much we decided to spend an extra night.
The hotel is fantastic and reminded me of expensive resort hotels. The atrium was beautiful and the Courtyard was serene.
The hotel staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Everyone from the front desk, to the doorman, to the managers couldn't have been better. We never wanted to leave!
I would make a trip back to Charlotte JUST to stay in this hotel.
The location of the hotel was ideal, with the nice mall being just right around the corner and some delicious restaurants within walking distance.

We had a fantastic experience and will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SK3674
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend and we loved it! It was our first stay at a Renaissance property, and we are big fans. It was an unexpected surprise. We were visiting Charlotte for our anniversary. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. In fact, every employee that we interacted with over the weekend was smiling and hospitable. Our room was clean, and we enjoyed the treats in the lobby. The breakfast was delicious. We ordered dessert from the room service menu and it was great! We will be sure to stay here the next time we are in Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WKM1020
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned from a weekend at the Renassiance Charlotte South Park and had to post a review about the amazing staff! Everyone was so pleasant and the infused water, champagne and cookies in the lobby were so enjoyable. The hotel was super-clean and every employee that we interacted with was great - I wish I had everyone's names to give them kudos. The door staff, front desk staff, management, houskeepers, restaurant - everyone. Nice job! Thanks for an enjoyable weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Next time I'll ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravlerNotATourist
Collegeville PA
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on a business trip. Very nice hotel and within walking distance to the mall with lots of shopping and dining options. Front desk staff was very friendly (maybe even a bit over zealous) and I was even offered a glass of champagne upon check-in. They automatically upgraded me to a nicer room, which was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel was pretty quiet, but it didn't appear to be all that busy, so maybe that's why. My room was clean and plenty big. The work area was comfortable with plenty of plugs and lighting. Unless you are an Elite member, Internet access is $12.95/day. In this day of age, I would expect at least Wifi to be free, but sadly, it's not here. There was also plenty of plus on both night stands, which was also a very pleasant surprise. Plugs were very easy to get to as well. As for the TV, the premium channel here is HBO and you can use the StayConnect mobile app to control the TV. The room is equipped with a safe, small fridge, plus the usual coffee maker, ironing board, iron, etc. Bathroom was big and bright with a combined tub/shower, but the shower curtain is on a curved bar making the shower feel a bit less cramped. The sink area is within the bathroom, but there was plenty of counter space to put your stuff on. The bed is a bit on the soft side, so for me, my back was a bit sore in the morning.

Due to the short stay, I did not get to use the fitness center, dining options, pool, etc. All in all, a very nice hotel and one that I would stay at again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vacaville
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The staff is very accommodating and friendly! My check in was quick and I received a room with a balcony which unfortunately only overlooked a mall but they can't help that! The room was large and very comfortable. I ate the bar and had wonderful food and service. The pool and fitness room was very clean and quiet, perfect for a mid-afternoon dip! I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: ask for 1 of 4 balcony rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed two nights in June 2013. High quality accommodation with very comfortable bedding. Friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of dining options nearby. And of course the shopping at South Park Mall is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple