“Best service ever”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is my first review of a hotel as I was blown away by the service. My 5 year old daughter and I took a "business" trip to Charlotte and decided to stay here mainly due to the great rate. Upon checking in I was pleasantly greeted by the bellman and front desk lady. The bellman went out of his way to befriend my daughter and gave her some pennies for the fountain. This was one of her favorite parts of our 2 night stay here, along with the ice cream they delivered to our room due to my Platinum Premier status. Each time we left and came back to the hotel I was greeted by my name as well as my daughter. I could go on and on about the top notch service we received....whether in the club room, the front desk, the bellman, and cleaning ladies. I stay in many hotels around the country and I can say that this is the best service I've ever received. If I was the GM of this place I would be super proud of the individuals working here. Thanks for making our stay such a great experience!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a beatiful property in a nice area. The hotel itself is nicely decorated in the public areas. The atrium has a modern looking fountain surrounded by tables for the restaurant on one side and the bar on the other. There is plenty of stylish public seating areas - all of the comtemporary and a little bit different.
The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating on check in. They promptly gave us our room and personally showed us to the elevators. They gave us a great suggestion for dinner.
The room was very large (a corner king) and also stylishly decorated. We really had no view (just the top of the parking garage). The bathroom was also large and was stocked with Aevda products. The whole room was immaculately clean.

Overall we had a wonderful stay. There were many restaurants within walking distance not to mention a very large mall across the street. We rented a car for our stay (we did need it to see the rest of Charlotte and the surrounding areas). The parking garage was free.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful during our stay.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival I was told there was no reservation for me. Was eventually told my name had been entered incorrectly while they were entering my credit card data.
Main concern is made apparent being getting their money up front as due to VISA' having an IT glitch while our daily guest debit' prompted an immediate call from front desk for our third nights stay.
The reservationist said they do special thing's for special occasion's. They have not done anything and this is our last nights stay for celebration of a "Mile-Stone Birthday".
Also, in over 25 years of extensive travels, I have NEVER encountered a policy of charging 1/2 of nights stay for a mere 2 hour late check-out ...
The room service has yet to deliver one meal completely correct ,although minor, at theses prices you should expect simple condiments. Still, we add additional gratuity for Server'. We also give Housekeepers gracious gratuity' .
I would not recommend this hotel for leisure/special mini-getaway as they definitely haven't made my special occasion "special" ...
My "Birthday Celebration" has been ruined in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Johnnyrae
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I would stay here again in a minute. Beautiful facility with a very helpful staff. Super clean! Don't think twice about staying here. And to top it off a wonderful location by fantastic shopping and restaurants.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband booked a weekend getaway for us, in light of Valentine's Day, to spend some couple quality time. We were completely pleased with this property. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It had a luxurious feel, but was affordable. The room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely be booking another stay. We want to stay in the warm weather months to take advantage of the patio/courtyard area.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you are looking for a full-service hotel in the Southpark area of Charlotte...look here!

The staff (front desk, doorman/valet, bartender and anyone you meet along the way) were friendly, professional and personable!

Beautiful lobby, atrium and outdoor fireplaces beckoning...we happened to be in Charlotte one of their coldest weeks on record (so no outside for us, as inviting as it looked)!

Rooms were nicely appointed, a safe large enough for a laptop, nice amenities in the bathroom, plenty of towels and QUIET. Didn't hear a peep - the benefit of being at the end of the corridor on the top floor!

There is valet parking, as well as outdoor and garage self parking. The outdoor parking is minimal but garage space was plentiful, although the spaces in the garage were sort of thin!

Breakfast buffet was your typical but...you could order an omlette, waffles or pancakes made to order.

Location: near the Southpark Mall, a variety of restaurants, the new Whole Foods and not too far outside of Uptown!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

After reading reviews here, booked a weekend stay. Front desk and door personnel were very helpful and very friendly. However, bar personnel (man and woman) were not only not friendly but seemed totally bored by having to pour a drink. Had no munchies and the experience was actually depressing! We bought our own bottle of wine and kept it in the room rather than going back a third time. Room was nice but hair dryer blew up, sink was stopped up and hot water was in short supply. I thought housekeeping should have caught some of this There was no shuttle to a/p as I had read in a previous review. Parking was easy and free. Again, I would call this average but I expect more from a Renaissance property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends