“Great find at an affordable price.”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
South Carolina
“Great find at an affordable price.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Recently stayed here for a shopping weekend….great stay at an affordable price. Very convenient to the South Park Mall and restaurants. Quiet hotel. Fresh, hot cookies upon check in. Room was clean and decorated nicely. Room has a small fridge which is nice along with coffee and tea. I do have to mention that the sheets on the bed kept popping off as they seemed not to be big enough for the bed.

Visited the lobby bar for a glass of wine in the evening. Bar cleared out around 6:30 p.m. or so as folks went to dinner. Reasonable prices for beer but the house wine, although very good was a bit pricy at $9 per glass. Bartenders were attentive and friendly.

We did not eat here as we choose to treat ourselves to Sunday brunch at the nearby Cheesecake Factory. We also did not check out the pool or any other amenities. We were too tired from walking all over the mall.

Parking is free and ample. Valet parking is available too. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Been staying at this property for the past 15 months and I honestly never had any issues.

House cleaning:
My room is always clean, the cleaning staff even puts a towel under my electric shaver. They leave free toothpaste for you and some of them organized my spare change!!!

Building:
I noticed that the place always smells really good, not sure what they do but whatever it is, it works. The gym is alright, I would like to see more machines but for a hotel gym, its enough. Their platinum lounge has burgers, wings, snacks, soda/coffee, cornflakes, cheeses. They have free wine in the lobby after 5pm. The food is really good compared to other hotel food I ate, always fresh. Parking is free, don't use the valet (they have a parking structure in the back)

Rooms:
The rooms are standard renaissance rooms (chic and modern - perfect for professionals).. their corner suites and executive suites are the best, if you plan on getting one try 732 or 722 since they have a balcony.

Staff:
The main reason why I always come back!!! Their front desk staff is amazing. I never have to worry about anything since they take care of all of their customers. If you have a problem, they'll fix it for you. They seem to know everyone by name and what preferences they have. The renaissance southpark absolutely has the best staff compared to all other hotel's i've been to.

Location:
there are a few other Marriott & Hilton properties around the corner but their rooms are old as well as their staff...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Once again I come to Charlotte and stay at this predictable, comfortable and convenient hotel.
I travelled for business but my wine was with me and it was pleasant for both of us. The location is very good with easy access to the South Park Mall and to Philips Place, as well as to good restaurants like Brio, George's , Del Frisco's, Toscana and more.
The staff is well trained and cares about customer satisfaction. The hotel has different types of comfortable rooms and rates. Due to the good offer of great restaurants in the area we did not explore very much the F&B offers of the hotel. Wireless internet connection works well and allows up to four devices per room. The small fitness center may be a point for improvement.
I will come back to this predictable hotel next time, again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdvTravellerBrazil
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my 5th time visiting this hotel. I chose the hotel because based on the hotel properties in Charlotte this is one of the nicest and comes at a fair price.

The decor could be thought of as tacky by some but they are going for an upscale but hip look with the color patten in the lobby areas.

I was only disappointed in the room. I paid for an upgrade (club level) but it was a smaller room than I've ever had with a fair (at best view) and no club lounge (that I know of) was open.

It is a good hotel and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Do not upgrade to club level
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ok, Maybe I am a brat after staying at the Ritz Carlton, but the rooms were ok, nothing too exciting and we were even upgraded to a "Corner King" . Unfortunately it was on the 2nd floor and our view was of the roof below. The room size was just ok, the decor was ok. The location is nice - in Southpark. A walk or short drive to many attractions. The bar on 12/29/12 was near empty and the drinks were just ok... they did not know how to make many drinks and don't have very many on their menu. The appetizers we got were... again, just ok. Would not stay there for appetizers again, and I would probably just pony up the extra $$$ and go uptown to the Ritz. But the front desk people were nice and the Valet was personal.

Oh yeah.... the elevator was FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! We told them and they just did not seem to care at the front desk. Upon further conversation the valet came in and said that they must not have turned on the heat. I told them it was that cold last night AND this morning.... and again, no one did a thing.

So... it was "ok", but NOTHING great. I might check out the regular Marriott in SouthPark before I would go back to this location. *sad*

...It has potential....

Good breakfast place: (Not far, but do drive) The Original Pancake House (great Crepes) and The Terrace Cafe (walkable) is known for it's breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT overlooking a roof. I would guess you would need to upgrade to a "Corner K...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed here on a girl's weekend and had a fantastic time! The staff was the friendliest we've experienced anywhere! We were welcomed with delicious peanut butter cookies and given excellent advice on where to eat. They gave us several options within walking distance which covered lots of different cuisines. The hotel is conveniently located a block over from South Park Mall and is easy to find. We chose a room with double beds and were pleased with the room. The beds were extremelhy comfortable and the rooms were quiet so we could sleep. The hotel offers a bar if you're so inclined and also has a nice courtyard.

Room Tip: If you want a room with double beds and it's a weekend book as early as possible because this is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Campinas (SP)
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location at walking distance from the South Park Mall and good restaurants.
Always clean, attentive staff, small but useful fitness room. F&B is not perfect, but good.
This hotel remains as my favorite in Charlotte.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business