“A playground for all.”

U.S. National Whitewater Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its all-day pass programs, instruction, leadership school as well as festivals, races and other outdoor events. Whether you visit the Center's 700 acres on the Catawba River or participate in the offsite programs featured throughout the United States, the USNWC wants you to play, relax and learn outside.
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A playground for all.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've been to the Whitewater Center multiple times over the years and have always had a great time hiking, whitewater rafting, climbing, zip lining, dining and socializing . The USNWC has a great atmosphere with friendly employees, which ignites a positive energy you can feel in everyone around you. Multiple activities appeal to people of different ages and activity levels.
On our last visit, we decided to take the Canopy Tour. It took approximately 4 hours and was worth every minute of it. Our guides were very safe, informative and entertaining. In addition to zip lines, the tour includes different obstacles, which keep the challenge and excitement going. I highly recommend going if you are up for a new physical challenge or even if you just want to bring your dog, dine and people watch.

Charlotte
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A day full of Adventure and then some!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

As a Charlotte resident I should have said I go here all the time. But, after finally making the journey out there, I will for sure. I am getting a season pass next year. This is a great place for families or friends in town or just a random day you are feeling bored. There is zip lining, rock wall climbing, obstacle courses, mountain biking, kayaking, paddle boarding, white water rafting, a restaurant and a small bar area. Food, Fun and adventure outdoors is top notch any day for me. I would HIGHLY recommend. The activities only close when there is lightning and then it's only a delay. The zip line had a short but manageable wait, everything else was very straightforward. Everyone was SUPER helpful and made me feel comfortable asking any and all questions (I had many). If you live in Charlotte, go, if you don't, come to Charlotte and go. You won't regret it.

Rockford, Tennessee
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Loved every minute of it!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went as a family of three, daughter is 18. We had a blast! Exceeded our expectations! We did the rafting, high ropes course, zipline and stand up paddle boarding. Rafting was great! We didn't have high hopes for it since we've done Class IV rafting in "real" rivers before but this was challenging and thrilling in its own way! You get a couple trips thru the course for your allotted time slot. Ropes course was challenging and fun! SUP was actually done on an open river. Had a blast learning how to do that! The setting for the facility is beautiful! Facility itself is very nice! They even have a "nightlife" check the schedule because you may be able to plan your trip to play all day and then hang out at night to listen to a band and grab a beer! Tip: sign up for your desired rafting time right when you get there because it fills up fast.

Visited August 2013
Augusta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Can't wait to visit again when I'm in Charlotte”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Took a couple of hours to visit this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. We walked in the woods with the dogs, who took a dip.
Then had a late afternoon meal at the restaurant- very pleasant. The food was delicious- fish tacos made with salmon and cilantro coleslaw and a side of dill potato salad.
I'm going back and rent a kayak for a paddle on the Catawba river. There's rock climbing, zip line and white water.
There's a day pass for $5 for one vehicle.
Nice spot

York, South Carolina
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fun for Folks Visiting Charlotte”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you've never been rafting before, this is a good place to give it a try. I am an avid rafter but I have met a lot of people that have never been and they always have a good time. There is a lot of other activites to do as well. It can be a bit pricey for a day trip but it is worth it if you're in the Charlotte area for the day.

Visited March 2014