“Fantastic”

U.S. National Whitewater Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its all-day pass programs, instruction, leadership school as well as festivals, races and other outdoor events. Whether you visit the Center's 1300 acres on the Catawba River or participate in the offsite programs featured throughout the United States, the USNWC wants you to play, relax and learn outside.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was an excellent day out for all the family ... as with all these things it wasn't cheap and it is a long day to get as much out of it as possible. We were able to go when the US kids were in school so it was fantastic not having to queue. It would be worth trying to go at a quiet time, long queues for the zip wire, climbing walls and rafting would be really off putting.

There are newer reviews for U.S. National Whitewater Center

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great day, very orgainized, fun guide, my son went in the water and we quickly scooped him up! After running the rapids we had lunch in the resturant and enjoyed the food and drink! A great family fun day!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

USNWC has a lot of variety for people of all ages. I have walked and run the trails there. I've flat water kayaked, had food & drink and enjoyed bands. I've been part of a corporate group and experienced their corporate catering and events.
Co-workers have run the rapids and have loved the experience. I can't speak for the zip line or rope course, but the rest of the facility is a lot of fun.

They have a good food selection that is competently executed and a nice beer selection.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love the food, the live bands, the tap beer, the rafting, climbing and swinging from tree to tree. So glad this is in my home city!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place is amazing. It has a little something for everyone. Whitewater rafting, zip lines, walking trails, mountain biking, adventure courses, and more. It is Dog friendly- I love going with my dogs and walking the trails then sitting down at the restaurant and having a nice cold frosty adult beverage. They have all kind of special events and every employee I've dealt with has been great.