“Great day of fun!”

U.S. National Whitewater Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its all-day pass programs, instruction, leadership school as well as festivals, races and other outdoor events. Whether you visit the Center's 1300 acres on the Catawba River or participate in the offsite programs featured throughout the United States, the USNWC wants you to play, relax and learn outside.
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

There are plenty of outdoor activities at the whitewater center for everyone from the most adventurous to the faintest of heart. Get a great workout on the rock wall or bike trails, cool off in the water, both rapids or flat, or challenge your fear of heights on the ropes course or mega jump. If none of that suits you, relax with a beer at the restaurant and live vicariously through everyone else (that part is free!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Couldn't believe the amount of activities available for the low price. Gorgeous park, great activities for everyone (kids to experienced outdoors enthusiasts), and a great restaurant/bar on site.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

All of my visitors, old and young, love the whitewater center. They have family and adventure rafting, so something for everyone. Rafting and ziplining seem to be the favorites for my family. Beautiful place and great luch restaurant.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Lots to do from Kayaking to Ziplining. Staff is friendly and willing to help. Decent Restaurant and the scenery is worth the visit.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Down in the Charlotte area looking for something different to do. Googled "zip lining in Charlotte" and hence this activity center popped up. Decided on a late "hot" Saturday morning to venture out. Not knowing what this place was like, I did not purchase the water pass, as I was afraid the water in the "lake" (yep, where I thought the whitewater stuff was happening) would be a bit too cold. Upon entering, I realized it wasn't a lake at all and was bummed that I didn't bring a change of clothes with me. Looked like a loads of fun with both rafting and canoeing. We did all of the land activities except for the canopy tour which I feel was a bit expensive. Safety and fun is their main goal and they achieved both. Standing in the ziplining line all I kept thinking to myself was, "I hate to be standing on this line in the summertime" but I guess that goes with the theme park territory. We had a blast!!!