“FULL day of activity”

U.S. National Whitewater Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its all-day pass programs, instruction, leadership school as well as festivals, races and other outdoor events. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or participate in the offsite programs featured throughout the United States, the USNWC wants you to play, relax and learn outside.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Got the all activity pass but only ended up doing the whitewater rafting and climbing wall because we were pretty worn out. Definitely want to the ropes course next time and maybe try the kayaking, but those should be done before rafting because you do get pretty banged up and there is a high probability you will fall out of the raft, so it's not for the timid. Zip line had a huge line and didn't look that fun, so we opted not to do that. Food in the sit down restaurant was nasty, so next time I'll try the quicker cafe. Love that this place lets you bring your pets. So many cool dogs here :)

1  Thank Emily E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,959)
All reviews
"day pass"
"water shoes"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2012

There is a lot to do. I would suggest going during the week because on the weekends its packed and you wont be able to do everything. You HAVE to try the whitewater raft. Every time you go its a little different so it wont get boring. Theres a zipline going over the water and a free fall jump in the corner. I have seen so many people chicken out once they are looking down. Theres a large area to canoe and big fish inthe water. The water is pretty murkey so I would not recommend swimming in it. There is a little island where you can pull up & get out. There was an enclosure where the ducks swim around in. The rock climing wall has many options from easy to difficult. There is also a long hiking trail. I brought a cooler and sandwhiches and left it in the car. Its very easy to get in and out. They do have a restaurant on site and from thebalcony you can see a great deal of the park. I would recomend this to anyone who wants an adventure and a dangerous thrill

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Whitewater Center is a great place to visit...if you want to participate, be prepared to pay(dearly,by my standards). It cost my husband and son approx. 80$ (yes, eighty) to kayak for an afternoon. Being like his mother (frugal) my son promptly found another vendor on the river (very close to W.W.center) and took his girlfriend put for an entire day for around 25$, utilizing a Groupon. (sign up if you haven't already, you can even use the website to obtain Groupons for other cities when you travel!!)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great place to bring family or friends. You can run, bike, hike, kayak, raft, zipline, and tube. Food is good and they usually have free concerts (local bands) play throughout the week =).

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I loved every moment there!!!!!!!!!!! I went with my father in the afternoon on a Sunday, and since they had long lines, I really only had time to zipline two or three times which I recommend. The zip line is actually about 500 feet long and part of the reason I had to wait was because of thunderstorm warnings. One of the things that I don't care for is that they don't have a harness return, and you have to walk back that five-hundred feet. I did not eat at the restaurant, but the customers looked like they enjoyed it, and the locker rooms were pretty good for an attraction open to the public. As for the actual rafting, it was probably one of the best experiences that I have had in my lifetime. I probably had the best of the staff in my boat, but I won't mention her name. We did adventure rafting, and surfed the rapids, using code word commands to paddle as a group. We went on class four rapids(out of class five being the absoloute biggest rapids)!!!!!!!!!! It really knocks the energy out of you, though. You don't realize it, though, until you're home and have gotten a chance to relax. I recommend going, and leaving your little kids behind(unless they're really tough).