“Well worth the price for a very insightful tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queen City Tours -Charlotte Daily City Tour

Queen City Tours -Charlotte Daily City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Since 1995! Hop aboard Charlotte’s Longest-Running(tm) Daily City (Or Black Heritage) Tour and take a 2-1/4 hour or 1 1/2 hour excursion that covers over 100 sites and [over] 250 years of local, State, and U.S. history. Included are the Historic District in Uptown and 2 Old South neighborhoods. Tours are scheduled year-round: Mon. - Sat. at 9:30A (2 1/4), 10A (1 1/2), 1:30P (2 1/4), 2P (1 1/2), 4:30P (2 1/4); Sun. 1:30P (2 1/4), 2P (1 1/2), 4:30P (2 1/4), 5P (1 1/2) All Tours Operated Based On Demand! Nominal pick-up/drop-off fee at area hotels, Uptown, and South End. Reservations required. NEW! Uptown Walking Tours Now Available.
Indialantic, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well worth the price for a very insightful tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Don't miss your opportunity to get a grand tour of the city and historic neighborhoods of Charlotte in only two hours, provided by a very knowledgeable, thoughtful, and amicable guide. Next time in town, I will book another one of their other tour offerings. Thanks again for the unforgettable time.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank TraceyKandell

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great overview of Charlotte”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

As a new resident of Charlotte, I enjoyed this tour. It introduced me to the history and beauty of this city in one short afternoon. Our guide took extra time with us and showed us the Duke Mansion. I would never have seen or appreciated many of these places without having taken the tour. Really helped myself and my daughter learn about and appreciate our new hometown!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank sewings
Mooresville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour for friends touring the South”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

Based in part to Jay's excellent introduction to Charlotte that led to my wife and I deciding to retire here, I scheduled his tour for four friends who annually visit different parts of the world. They toured the South this year and raved about how they had achieved a much better picture of Charlotte than any of the other places they had visited. The city tour is a must for anyone with a limited schedule who wants to learn about our city.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank 919191
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

Jay was great...gave me so much knowledge about the city I thought I was going to get a test at the end...Lovely city, great tour...

1 Thank wootsie2
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Had A Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

The group that went on the trip this past weekend [05/01/2010] – had a wonderful time. We started with a tour of some historic sites of Greensboro – such as A&T University – where the four young men that started the sit-in at Woolworth, Guiford College – with its claim as a stop on the Underground Railroad and other local sites. Then, we had a delicious lunch to ready us for our tour of the International Civil Rights Museum. Before we started our tour we were entertained by a Mariachi Band in celebration of upcoming Cinco de Mayo.

Our tour guide, Vonda Adams did a terrific job – the tour was very impactful and often upsetting. If you haven’t seen it you owe it to yourself to go – take family and friends.

After the tour of the museum – we went to tour the Mendenhall Plantation – the tour guide told us that often establishments of this size were called plantations. But Mendenhall was not a plantation in the traditional sense. They were Quakers that did not believe in slavery. Though they did acquire some slaves by marriage – they were all freed and educated. Mendenhall Plantation also served as a stop on the Underground Railroad – as many of their relatives hosted sites up North and into Canada for runaway slaves.

We had a very enjoyable day. Our thanks to our guests, and to Queen City Tours for a great trip – if you have groups that may want tours contact them at: www.queencitytours.com

2 Thank margo0501