“The Best Holiday Inn Ever”

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood
Ranked #103 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I love this Holiday Inn Express the staff are so nice and alway willing to help you . The rooms are so nice and very clean each time i come to town. I will never stay any place but this Holiday Inn Express when i am in Charlotte. I look forward to my next trip because all my needs will be taken care of what a joy that will be!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated near I-75. I had a 2 night stay here. While the rooms were decent, and the front desk was very accomodating, I just didn't prefer the rooms. My biggest gripe was something that can't be fixed: the hard water. After my first shower I felt my scalp was peeling from the water (and the shampoo in the room). I found a store nearby and purchased some "higher-grade" shampoo; temporarily solving the problem. I have found other HI-Express to be somewhat more upscale. Maybe this is just an older one. Everyone in the elevator looked like me (older guys, trudging off to work). So it's definitely the "working man's" place to stay, and save a buck.

Room Tip: Just in case, there are three other hotels almost in walking distance of this one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
madea415, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your reaction to our cities water. I have contacted the city water department and I have had the water tested. The test results came and our water is in the normal range. The shampoo is the branded standard Bed, Bath & Beyond product. To date we have not had any other negative comments about the bath amenities, but I will certainly keep my ears open for any other non-positive feedback.

This property was built six years ago. I guess by todays standard that might seem old to some guests but again,our feedback is overwhelmingly positive about the condition of the property.

As to the working man's place to stay to save a buck - I'm not quite so sure about that comment. We have guests that range from CEO's, entertainers, to our standard corporate guests and families. We currently have some officials from the PGA staying with us. Here at our hotel we caters to every guests regardles of their occupation or reason for being here. Our goal is to create the ultimate service experience.

Perhaps in the future you will find a hotel better suited for your specific requirements. Again, I thank you for your feedback.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at this Holiday Inn recently on a quick 2 night trip to the Charlotte/Carowinds area. Overall we were pleased with this stay, and would probably stay here again in the future.

- All staff was extremely friendly and helpful
- Lobby and common areas were very clean and felt "new"
- Room was clean and fairly large with plenty of room for our 4
- Room carpet seemed a bit damp. My guess is that they shampooed the carpets that day, and hadn't quite dried yet. Not the end of the world...at least we knew it was clean.
- Beds were a bit harder than we are used to, but pillows and linens were above average making up for the beds
- Complimentary breakfast was very good. Basics such as cereal, milk, yogurt, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy. Overall very pleased with selection and taste.
- Indoor pool was great for the kids. Pool was on the small side, but it was very clean, and just what the kids needed on a cold/rainy day.

Ease of access to Charlotte, Pineville, and the Carowinds area was great. Easy on, easy off access to the Interstate. We would certainly stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel. After 7 hour long drive, came in at 10.30 pm & it is not a clean room. My husband was not feeling well & could go no further. We did not undress. We will leave as soon as it is morning. Pass on to a nicer clean hotel, I wish we had.

• Stayed: April 2013
madea415, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I am very sorry for any perceived short comings during your stay with us. As the General Manager it is difficult to respond or investigate when there were no specifics stated. Our record speaks for itself. We pride ourself on offering the ultimate guests experience; and that includes the cleanliness and condition of our rooms. We want every guest to leave here echoing the sentiments that an overwhelming number of our reviews support. If we were unable to achieve that feeling with you, then we must work hard to satisfy even the most discriminating guest.

Please feel free to call me if you have specifics you would like to discuss. I can be reached at (704) 971-8720.

Respectfully,
"KC"

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Traveled to Charlotte with my daughter who was attending a wedding. With several hotels in the area, I thought this might be one of Charlotte's "high traffic" exits, but no. It was actually pretty calm and quiet. When I drove my daughter to the wedding on Park Road, I remembered how much I hate driving in Charlotte, but at the hotel, things were fine. A light rail station was about a mile away, and I was able to pick my daughter up there after the wedding reception downtown. The hotel was pretty quiet for a Saturday, though it seemed to be pretty full. Even Sunday breakfast was manageable -- there are plenty of tables; the food was hot and well-stocked that morning. More that your usually "microwave this" breakfast -- fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and a pancake machine. If staying here will kids, there is an indoor pool but no hot tub. Surrounding the hotel are open, grassy areas where kids could run and play. Just off I-77 and near the light rail, this hotel is accessible to much of what Charlotte has to offer. Not a lot of restaurants nearby, but you can find something to eat. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Recommend a room above the first floor, where the breakfast area, laundry, lobby, pool and workout r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nhampton
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We were in Charlotte for weekend get away. The room had a spacious layout with a large flat screen tv, desk, and chair. The king size bed slept great and when we requested more pillows they were provided immediately. The heated indoor pool was a plus but wasn't warm enough.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Clean rooms and friendly staff make this hotel worth staying at. At our most recent stay we accidentally left a pair of glasses. The hotel gladly found them and held onto them until we could get back to the area to get them (we could not thank them enough!). They also have a great breakfast! We love HI express cinnamon rolls and they, along with other items, we're served hot and fresh!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business