Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsupgraded to a suitebreakfast was includedhotel shuttlebusiness centercommon areasnice roomthe shuttle driverclose to the airportdowntown charlottelynxcvscltproximitycarowindsconcert
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First, the area is fairly congested. We arrived during rush hour and were caught up in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway. The front desk clerk stated that it pretty much stays that way until late in the evening. Check in was quick and easy, the clerk was friendly and very personable. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The room was clean, fairly spacious. Only complaint we had was the bed ... one side actually sloped toward the floor, making you feel as though you were always going to fall out of bed! We reported the problem and can only hope that it's fixed for the next guest. Overall we had a pleasant experience, but would probably look for something in a less congested area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank You very much for your comments. Our hotel is conveniently located 4 1/2 miles from Uptown Charlotte off Interstate 77 at Exit 6a. Being located 1/3 of a mile off a major highway, there are times in which traffic may get heavy.

Please accept my apologies for the issues experienced concerning of bedding. We are consistantly recognized by our guests on the comfort of our bedding package. In 2013, we are planiing on changing all our bedding.

Again, thank you for your commnets.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

As a Hotelier, I have never experience such bad service before, it's surprising to me that a Night Auditor would treat a guest the way they did, with No “S” on guest service skills whatsoever specially from a “Starwood hotel franchised”, as stranded passenger, I had no choice on my selection of stay, greeted with no welcome attitude, neither explain when ask about my departure time, the way the operated there limited shuttle schedule, no communication in part to the Front Desk. Worst part came on the next day on my departure, no courtesy to acknowledge you from a lady that was working on the front desk, here attitude were like, I was doing her or them a favored to stay there, I would make sure that someone on upper management understands that our product is based on Service and not on Attitude specially on such competitive market.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank webopt

Thank You very much for bringing to our attention your experience at the Front Desk. Our Front Desk is consistantly recognized for their service. Please accept my sincere apologies on the level of service you received.

Your comments were reviewed with our Front Office Manager and Staff to ensure there is not a repeat occurrance. It is comments such as yours that only makes a good hospitality facility better.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was only my second trip to the Charlotte area so I wasn't too familiar with the area. This hotel is a little out of the way and a tad bit tricky to get to, but it's a hidden gem! We were in town for a Charlotte Panther/Dallas Cowboy game and was a bit surprised to find only 1 person working the front desk and check-in was a little slow.

The room was very nice although there is no refrigerator or microwave. The "refreshment" section of the room amounted to an ice bucket on a shelf (see picture) with a coffee pot on the desk. The bed was very comfortable. Not much of a view, but this isn't the hotels fault.

I was never able to find any vending machines, only a small store with pricey snacks and drinks.

We didn't eat breakfast, however I think it was around $9.95.

Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to advise us of your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to consistantly strive to get better and improve upon our service to meet and exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The people who work at this hotel in the morning all need to be trained on how to deal with customers. The front desk lady was rude and the cook in the breakfast room was not very helpful.
My bathroom needed work. The door hits the ceiling light fixture. They have soap and shampoo containers hanging on the wall in the shower. After you get in the shower and get wet you discover they are all empty. If you don't use them anymore remove them!
Next time I will go to Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your comments. We have shared your comments with our staff as it is our goal to provide the level of service to exceed your highest expectations.

Please accept our apologies concerning your soap ammenities. During your stay we were in process of adding new wall soap dispensers. Letters were drafted in each guest room advising our guest the dispensers were in the installation process and requested our guest to continue to use the traditional bathroom ammenities.

Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Four Points by Sheraton was a great place to spend the night on a flight layover. My wife and I got to the hotel and was checked in really quick. I wish I had taken the name of the gentlemen working that night (it was about 9 PM on October 25 2012) so I could credit him with being so courteous and helpful with the check-in, restaurant recommendations and scheduling of a early morning shuttle to the airport.

The room was excellent as a one bedroom suite. The bed was extremely comfortable after a week of traveling abroad. The microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator is a nice addition although I wasn't there long enough to use it.

A few minor things to note. I couldn't get the free wifi working, the air conditioner was a little loud and the shuttle drivers (both the evening of my arrival and the following morning at departure) were not very friendly. But I guess the important thing is I got to my destination each time. These are the only reasons why the Four Points did not get a five star rating from me.

However, the bottom line (and what should be the most important thing) is that I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank You very much for your kind comments regarding Alex at The Front Desk. He goes out of his way and makes every effort to exceed all our guest expectations. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to being of service when your travel brings you back to Charlotte in the future.