“I was so upset”

Ranked #115 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Knoxville, Tennessee
“I was so upset”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Not only was my room dirty, my bathroom dirty. My television did not work. There was regular coffee in the room but no decaf, which is the only kind I drink. The staff that late night at 11:00 pm was nice and wanted to help me, but unfortunately he was the only one working and could not leave the desk. This is not a Four Points by Sheraton service I am use to.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2011

After reading some of the previous reviews I had my doubts but after staying there for several days I was more than pleased. The staff were all friendly and accomodating, the room was clean but was a little on the small side. The hotel bar and restaurant are very small as well but the neigborhood has a couple great restaurants within walking distance, we checked out McKoy's and the Carolina Steakhouse.

We will return to to this Four Points the next time we are in the Charlotte area!

Room Tip: AAA rate
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Not much else to say, really. The hotel is satisfactory from a cleanliness and value stand point, but the amazingly loud air conditioning unit in the room kept me up both nights.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
syracuse,ny
Reviewed April 11, 2011

As a Starwood Prefered Guest, I decided to try this Four Points Hotel on my return home. I have stayed at other Four Point Hotels and have been very satisfied. Not so for this one. As previous reviews stated, the ac/heater is very noisy when on. In fact it was so noisy, I had to turn it off in order to sleep. Other pros and cons follow.
Pros-clean, good water pressure in shower,flat screen tv, good wireless internet
Cons- noisy ac/heater unit, bathroom is dimly lit and cramped, tv only has analog channels (no hd), furniture shows wear and needs updating, female check out clerk not very friendly or efficient
Sheraton needs to read these reviews and work on improvements.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This hotel is clean, updated , and staff very helpful. Hotel situated right behind a strip mall and is actually hard to see. The neighborhood is in transition and not nice, however, I do not think it is unsafe. Rooms are tiny. Would never try and stay here with more than 2 people as even this would be cramped. One small covered chair, one small desk, and a TV stand with drawers. What is truly stunning is the air conditioning systems in the room. The low frequency rumble off of these units is unbelievable!!!! Shakes the room when they start up. No whinning engine, or squeaks, just tons of low frequency rumble that hurt my ears a little. Absolutely reminds you of a train going by, or the 1200 watt subwoofer on some cars. You have to turn the TV up while it is running. if you are a light sleeper, you're done, as these cut on and off all night (thank you Ambien) . What idiot purchased these things. Beds are very comfortable, If the rooms were larger and they replaced the A/C with something acceptable sound-wise, this place would be fine. The A/C units would prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New Albany, Indiana
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I am very happy with my choice of staying in the Four Points while attending a business conference in downtown Charlotte in March of 2011. Not only were the rooms very clean and comfortable but all of the staff was accommodating and friendly. My first evening I was given a room on the 6th floor on which I found the free wireless internet to be a bit hit or miss; after speaking with the front desk staff they were very nice and moved me the following morning to a room with more dependable signal. I must say that Alex at the front desk was joy to speak with. He not only remembered me by name every time I walked thru the lobby but he was always friendly and upbeat. While nether of the rooms that I stayed in were palatial or modern; they both were clean, comfortable, and worth the price. Some little elements of the rooms could stand to be refreshed; such as the slightly loud heating/cooling system but it was nothing that I couldn’t sleep thru. The location was extremely covenant to downtown with an easy, short ( 5 minute) drive straight to the convention center front door. There were also a number of great restaurants and shopping on this drive downtown.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This property is the first ever Four Points I stayed in starting years ago when this brand was developed. Because of the specific propery, I try to stay at Four Points whenever I can. Alex the MOD this trip is so welcoming and kind. His enthusiasm is contagious and it's clear he likes his job. He makes each guest feel very special and is quick with a tip or suggestion on dining, directions or things to see in Charlotte. As a platinum member of SPG I've seen all levels of hotel properties around the world and in my opinion, the level of service and recognition this property gives is top notch. Keep up the great work SPG and Alex in Charlotte!

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business