“Stay at your own risk.”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte
Ranked #115 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 15, 2007

I have stayed at this property twice in the last six weeks with friends while staying in Charlotte for a couple of Panthers games. My wife works for Sheraton so I try to stay at one their properties while travelling.

The hotel itself is not bad. The lobby, which they were working on the first time we stayed, was finished when arrived this time and it has a flat screen TV with a sitting area and computer guests can use to access internet. Rooms also have flat screens and the rooms are very quiet. Heard very little noise either trip. Front desk is helpful and friendly. 4 stars for all of this.

Now the bad, and I do mean B-A-D! We had our vehicle broken into both trips. First time we parked in the back. My thought at the time was it can happen anywhere and booked the hotel for the second game without a second thought. Big mistake. This time when we got back from the game at around 5 pm we parked in the front parking lot just steps from the front door. We go out at 6:30 to hit the town and the lock has been popped out and someone had rummaged throught the glove compartment and stole a portable tv from the behind the front seat. It had barely gotten dark outside! We asked the front desk clerk about security and she said they don't come in until 11pm. Didn't help us either time as both times the thugs broke in before 11. She even stated things had been getting bad around there and that this wasn't uncommon.

Management needs to step up because they have a major security problem. Lights in the front parking lot didn't come on until about 7:30 about 2 hours after the sun went down. Even then the lighting was inaddequate. Security needs to be there before 11 since this seems to be a regular occurence. I have lousy luck but to get robbed twice in a six week span at the same place boggles the mind. Once is an accident but twice is pattern. I can only imagine how many break-ins occur here in a week or for that matter a night. I can assure you it won't happen to us a third time because we won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 10, 2007

The hotel itself is undergoing reconstruction but that still does not excuse alot of issues this hotel has. My room was very clean but had some maintenance issues. Some of the furniture was scraped up pretty bad, probably could have been solved with some varnish and my carpet could have used some spot cleaning.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty bad. Toast, two different types of muffins and some cranberry that had fermented.

For the price, it was definitely not worth $100 a night. Most of the staff was pretty friendly but I think this hotel needs a major overhaul.
As for the city,with a map, it is easy to find your way around Charlotte or better yet ask someone at the front desk.

The Concord Mall is definitely the place to go, but the food court is a bit pricey though.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2007

My first impression was that we were staying in a nice hotel. The lobby was attractive and the front desk was friendly. We were given a top floor room which was very quiet. They seemed to be repairing some water damage on the wall when getting out of the elevator. It was kind of ugly, but no big deal.
The beds were comfortable. My only complaint was that the shower was either too hot or too cold. The way the faucet adjusted did not allow for a "medium hot" shower. Kind of weird and irritating when you have young kids who don't want to get scalded. Another small gripe was that the alarm clock went off at 4:00 AM. I did'nt even know there was an alarm clock in the room until then. Also, they told me the shuttle to the airport would take 7 minutes. Apparently airport employees take presidence, because our trip took 25 minutes after dropping off someone. This could have been a problem if we had been running late. Other than that, we enjoyed our room and found it to be comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Just spent a night here. Looked ugly from the outside....the inside was a nice surprise. Apparently Four Points took it over last year and it is being renovated. The halls and common areas are spatious and nicely decorated. Our room had nice carpeting, furniture, great bed...but the walls, ceiling, phones and artwork still looked old. Very nice upscale toiletries and a modern feel. Good breakfast buffet, has all the usual cold stuff and includes scrambled eggs, great pancakes, grits, gravy, bacon, and sausages. You have to get a voucher from the front desk and turn it in at the breakfast area...and the voucher says breakfast costs $6. That is confusing, because we thought it was included....and apparently it was because we weren't charged extra in our bill. The breakfast is great, and the hotel is definitely getting nicer.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2007

It was a race weekend so I finally used Hotwire to get an accomodation. I was traveling for work.

This hotel is easy to find if you follow the directions from the hotel and not on mapquest. The outside could use a facade update but was clean. The lobby area is okay, but is dark. My husband said he felt claustrophobic all weekend in the hotel.

The bedding was excellent. The room was large. The room was clean. The air didn't really ever work right, but it did run. It was annoying the way it would run for 30 seconds then turn off.

Breakfast was included in the rate and was quite good. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, fruit, cereal, juices and milk included. If you weren't staying at the hotel breakfast was $6.

It wasn't a bad stay, but wasn't memorable either.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I agree with other reviewers... the bed is comfy and the room is nice and clean. But there is something going on that makes me hesitate to come back. Maybe it is the location or the age of the property. It sure doesn't feel warm. I could deal with the location, which can be argued to be somewhat convenient to downtown, but there is something intangible about the place that pulls me up short. I stayed there only because all the Marriotts and Hiltons were booked. I don't think you'd strike out going here... it's just not memorable.

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Let me start off by saying that this is a very nice hotel, especially
for under $100/night this close to downtown Charlotte. I definitely enjoyed the multiple internet kiosks, a decent fitness center, and a bed that slept like a cloud. The room was in very good condition, the bathroom was even better with nice counter tops and a great tile floor. On the whole, I really enjoyed this hotel. But....

From the moment I walked in I was more or less ignored by the staff. It was as if I was keeping them from chatting with each other for those few minutes. The rooms contained no materials on Charlotte, or the hotel and its amenities and I had to search these out on my own. The second day I was there I returned to my room around 4PM and it had not been cleaned. At 4:30 I received a knock on the door that they were finally ready, so I had to vacate for a bit.

Due to the lack of concern by staff, I would not recommend staying here if you have never been to Charlotte. But, if you are familiar with the town then by all means, take advantage of a good price and an amazing bed. The hotel itself is worth staying in, the staff could use some work.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business