“Two days in a row”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #199 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Established in 1974. Mellow is a state of mind, a culture, a way of being. Our mission is to provide delicious food in a fun and creative environment. We are the originators of hand tossed, stone baked classic southern pizza. Our spring water crust is unique and flavorful, and all our pies are made with high quality, fresh ingredients. Our philosophy is to elevate with a higher order of pizza. We are the originator of Classic Southern Pizza, & our unique and flavorful crust is a true original. We began from humble roots, born out of the free-wheelin' hippie culture of the 1970s. The idea back then was the same as it is now: to make the most delicious, crave-able slice of pizza on the planet. The Mellow founders dreamed of a world where happiness could be found in the simplest things - like a mouthwatering slice of pizza and an ice-cold beer.
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely phenomenal. I'm not sure what they add to their crust, but I eat so much I want to sleep for days. We're in town for a convention, and this may be the only place we eat all weekend. Ask for Adam, he was fantastic. Even after being triple sat on a busy Friday.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I ate there yesterday with a buddy before going to the Knights game. I had a small cheese pizza which as always was very good. My friend had a shrimp sandwich that he said was good. Staff was very attentive. Super convenient location in Uptown Charlotte. Will be back.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I think the title summaries my experience. The food was good – at least my wife thought so; I myself don’t like very much a “bready” pizza and prefer the thin and crusty type. Yet this is not the reason for my disappointment (however it did save the place from getting only 2 stars). The biggest problem I had with this place was their horrible service (which was not only my own experience but was shared, at least, with the 2 tables next to us). When we came in we explained that we have 2 little kids and that we would appreciate a quick service. We were sited outside and then waited 9 minutes with no one even coming to ask for our drinks. I then went inside and explained the situation to the first server I saw. Not only he did not apologize but seemed irritated that I bothered him. 3 minutes later he came outside and toke our orders but he was very unpleasant. The food came in a relatively timely manner (especially the kids’ dish) but then again we did not see anyone for a long time. The family in the table next to us told us we should get up and grab someone inside to pay and also to get a take-home box for our leftovers; they had to do it themselves after no one noticed them for a long time. The family in the table behind us joined and said the service was awful and that nothing arrived on time. I had to stay outside with our older son while my wife went in with the baby to pay. It toke her 5min and when she returned she told me that she got no help from the server (despite the fact she had a baby in her hands) and that she had to find and grab for a box herself. Again, I would give the place only 2 stars if not for the good pizza (according to my wife’s opinion). I know I’m not going to come back; there are enough other good places in the area.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went for a work gathering before a Knight's baseball game downtown. The servers were quick and friendly arranging a table for 20 people in a last second request. Good appetizers, and perfect location for a drink before a Knight's game!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We barely squeezed in for a late dinner one night in mid April. Thankfully we did! We built our own pizza with sausage and a variety of veggies and waited with great anticipation as we both were starving. The restaurant has a lovely open kitchen which was just to our left. Sadly, after waiting longer than what seemed appropriate our waitress came by to tell us that our pizza was burnt and they had to make us another. To make up for the issue, they were giving us the larger pizza at no extra cost. Which made us happy and understanding. Surprisingly, the kitchen manager came over a few minutes later to let us know our new pizza was put back in, that he was sorry for the situation, and told us he was giving us the larger pizza and taking 50% of our bill. We were so happy the kitchen manager to the time to speak to us, the responsibility for the issue, and of course the nice discounts.

Once the pizza arrived, it was delicious! I would go back here anytime!