Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark
$116
$119
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$167
$151
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
$85
Travelocity
All reviewsruth chrissouth parkfront deskfire pitoffice buildingfree breakfastone bedroom suitelonger staywould definitely stay here againfull kitchenrestaurants and shopsroom servicecheck in was easywithin walking distancehotel is in a great locationyogurtwould recommend this hotel to anyone
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip because I could not obtain a good rate at any of the downtown Marriott's (Platinum Marriott member). Typical Residence Inn rooms. Nice size. Stayed in a one bedroom. The hotel is older and the rooms have not been remodeled so the bathroom is old and showing it's age. The TV in my bedroom did not work at first but I managed to fix it. The remote for the bedroom TV also did not work but I am sure it just needed batteries so I used the other remote which gave me only limited functions.

I really liked this Residence Inn because unlike others, it has a bar in the lobby area which was a nice surprise. They even had some very good beers (I.e. IPA's, Sam Adams) and it was a very reasonable price (cheaper than a restaurant).

They also have a very nice courtyard on the first floor and another courtyard off the basement (workout) floor. Nice seats to relax and sit outside. Very peaceful.

The area around the hotel has some bars and restaurants and the mall is within a very short drive (could walk) so there are a lot of choices close by. It was an easy ride to downtown using side roads.

I would stay here again and would recommend to anyone looking for an alternative to the downtown hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mbateacher
ricltsp, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very sorry about the tv's and have passed this on to our maintenance staff for resolution. We do hope that you will stay with us again if you are back in the area.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staying quite frequently in resident inn's for business trips, I knew what was going to be offered. The room is spacious and well equiped, the bed is good quality too.

The rather disappointing experience was breakfast for my 3-night stay: why does it have to look like a tornado had hit before you, if you go to the buffet at 7:30? Particularly annoying to me was the sticky floor and the use of plastic plates & cutlery (which seems to be a weakness of Residence Inn). But the main point I would like to convey is that the breakfast is rather disappointing if you like taking your time before starting the day.

The hotel's location was good for me, but it really depends on what you want to do in Charlotte...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark39

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for the breakfast. I have reviewed this with our food staff and they correcting this. We do appreciate your patronage and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My daughter lives near Southpark Mall, a huge mall that is close to Uptown Charlotte. This is the hotel with the best rates and free parking. You enter and exit by a stoplight; traffic is not a problem. There are many restaurants nearby, including a Ruth Chris Steakhouse that delivers right to your door. The suite is big with a full kitchen. They also have a huge full-serve breakfast plus yogurt, fruit, cereal and granola, bagels & muffins. Monday-Thursday nights they have a free happy hour which includes hot food items that are enough for dinner! You're away from the traffic, noise & still only about 4 miles from Uptown & Stadium. Large indoor pool & whirlpool.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank cgfurr

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Charlotte Southpark. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and that Southpark has to offer. Thank you, again, for you comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were using a Marriott Rewards certificate so we were limited to where we could reserve. The Residence Inn room was standard and comfortable and my husband thought the bed was much better than the last RI in Asheville. Easy to get to the airport and other major roads. Area surrounding had some upscale restaurants and shopping, but also a nice Panera a block away. The hotel has a bar open in the evenings to purchase beer/wine which was a nice surprise when we checked in late on a Friday afternoon. Had a drink and chatted with staff before heading out for a dinner up the road on Fairview. Breakfast was the standard fare, but met out basic needs of cereals, fruit and yogurt. Also plenty of carbs and greasy meat for those who want it. Wasn't there long enough to know about the cleaning service which I guess is good based on other not so great reviews.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FancyNancyBoston

Thank you for staying with us. We do appreciate your business and hope that we exceeded you expectations. I'm glad that you enjoyed the bar and got to relax after traveling. We hope that you will choose us on your future visits.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel is pretty clean, staff was attentive, room was large and comfortable. Close to restaurants and shops, you still need a car to move away from the area if you want to see more attractions. Room was partially cleaned, staff was courteous when getting into the room, but first day lady did not clean at all, just changed towels and bed linens. Second day they cleaned the bathroom a bit and changed towels, but no vacuming or swiping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank William C
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and our convenient location to local shops and restaurants. I wanted to let you know that I have addressed your housekeeping issues with our leadership team and we are working on correcting them. We would love to see you back the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte. Jennifer Peterson, Assistant General Manager 704-554-7001